Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somewhat OT but close enough
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Bit of a crappy day,getting a winter blast with snow on the range tops,too cold to go out into the garage so did some browsing on our counties biggest auction site.
Please note these prices are nzd prices and our $ is .6 to the usd = 60 cents...true.
Noticed the following;
1 - two 914's spotted around 30K,both good cars 73 and a 76,
2 - 911s air-cooled...crazy and hard to average but around 60K+for reasonable cars, silly money for 930 Turbo's.
3 - 993 are very strong but all over the place but 65-80K a rough average,
4 - all the later watercooled boxster, cayman,911 are very good buys and rather cheap, many nice cars with NO RMS work,so that's a alarm bell.
5 - 944/924 prices all over the place and generally rather over valued,turbo has big prices but not moving .
6 - 968 not too flash ,not a well known car here ..30K +
6 - Suv's are dead in the water and tanking fast regardless of Covid,mass production is a killer ?
7 - All late 911's ,even better for the buyer mileage kills them ,we don't do big mileage here.
8 - 928,silly prices with lots of suspect maintenance cars but late tidy S4 still good value for a brave buyer.
9 - finally.. early long hood 911's that are tidy with history/restore are @ 100K+ but not selling fast in this economy and really not before Covit
These are only my take on it ,but these prices IMO are based on reasonable cars,in my country we don't tend to use sports cars as daily drivers so high mileage has a huge impact on prices.
Thought this one was worth a laugh ...a tipo IMO dry.gif
Click to view attachment
Asking price is $69,995 av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif .
More to follow, beerchug.gif .
Dion
Interesting breakdown on the prices. I think the same with regards to the 924/944. Seems that BAT is the barometer for pricing on these.
I kinda like that 924 let’s hope that’s a typo:-) !!
Cheers mate! Stay warm down there!
porschetub
Cheers Dion.
73 914 2.2 engine build few years back and running carbs, 29K;
Click to view attachment
76 914 stock 1.8 L-jet,unmolested but some non-stock parts,was listed by private seller for 35K but didn't sell ,resurfaced some time later with current listing being a dealer and now 28K,appears it might have been a trade in.
Click to view attachment
Currently there is talk of the used car market here tanking 30% by the end of the year,will be interesting to see if the special interest cars hold firm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.