Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpets by model years. Is there a link somewhere?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
After all these years I should be able to tell what interior carpet was available for different model years, well I can't. dry.gif

I looked in our Originality forum and while there is discussion on carpets I am looking more for examples vs model year chart or something along that line. I have these and want to identify the type (Porsche name) and year(s).

Anyone point me in the right direction?

porschetub
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ May 18 2020, 09:45 AM) *

After all these years I should be able to tell what interior carpet was available for different model years, well I can't. dry.gif

I looked in our Originality forum and while there is discussion on carpets I am looking more for examples vs model year chart or something along that line. I have these and want to identify the type (Porsche name) and year(s).

Anyone point me in the right direction?

No expert but looks like a factory square weave set, which I believe was an optional order over standard carpet,not 100% but that could be the real deal,my car has the same carpet which some call salt and pepper (? ) however my set is missing the sewn grommets and trim around the pedals so don't know except the carpet is legit.
Mikey914
Those are 75-76 salt and pepper is what we call the ones we sell.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 17 2020, 07:48 PM) *

Those are 75-76 salt and pepper is what we call the ones we sell.

beerchug.gif Thank you. Do you know is there a "chart" or on line link somewhere that shows the different styles & years available?
Mikey914
We were laying them out on our website, but Blake doesn't have it complete.
70-72 Perlon
late 72-74 is a loop
75-76 all colors are salt and pepper.
Hope that helps
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 17 2020, 07:57 PM) *

We were laying them out on our website, but Blake doesn't have it complete.
70-72 Perlon
late 72-74 is a loop
75-76 all colors are salt and pepper.
Hope that helps

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.