Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone tell me what type exaust i have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
urbanskater
i think i've heard of a few other 914er's having this exaust but im not quite sure.
Qarl
It "almost" looks like the Mittelmotor exhaust, except theirs is stainless.

But I think it is an Abarth muffler.

Can you post a photo of the intakes?

I think they are worth some $$$ (to someone who is looking for one). There was a thread on the Pelican 911 board about them!

Mike Zois was looking for one!
Carrera916
Hey...

I have one very similar to what's on the picture except for the shape of the flanges (being exposed in the picture). And it only fits the 2.0L....I'd like to know what brand or who makes 'em, too...
Joe Bob
Hmmmmm, interesting......looks nice.

Of course all this comes out the closet AFTER I buy something and bust my NUTZ looking around......

But hey, I feel better now...... mueba.gif
KaptKaos
See, this explains why I have a Fiat too. (Yeah, its a stretch but cut me some slack).

You see, Carlo Abarth (Aw-varth) modified Fiats AND Porsches. Most folks know about his work with Fiats, but few recall his work with Porsche.

In fact, he did a really cool works 356, that had gill slits like a Mustang fastback. Very sweet. Molto veloce!

- Joe
seanery
there has been an Abarth with a four cam Carrera at the prior 2 Dunkels that I went to. It sounds incredible!!
urbanskater
hey cool makes me feel kinda lucky. So I havent seen an indetical one though, does this mean its been custom made or replicated? or is it extremely rare? Also how does it sound, and about how much extra acceleration an hp does it push out?
Qarl
If it were yellow, it would make your car much faster.

Since it is "unusual" most of us probably can't tell you how it sounds.

Horsepower gain = probably negligible. I mean if we tell you it wil give you maybe a 5% gain... it sounds pretty good, until you figure 5% of 76hp = 3.8 hp. That's probably an aggressive guesstimate.

Acceleration factor = negligible

Sound factor = probably "sounds" faster

How about you hook it up and YOU answer the questions for US!
urbanskater
hehe i cant wait, itll be atleast another month before its probable to get it started up sad.gif. Heres another angle though
urbanskater
heres one of the two stainless sections....i blan to touch up the ends with black.
Qarl
sound like great blan!
Joe Bob
OK....so where did he get the the thang??????

The AA secret wharehouse or what......shit, I hate doing things quickly.......I need to slow down and let the Valium take control....... unsure.gif
urbanskater
well it came on the car, along with 3 newly rebuilt engines and a new transmission. See for yourself, i just cleaned it up a little.
Joe Bob
It "looks" like a cleaned up Monza exhaust. They had the dubious honor of rusting faster than the Bursch......but it looks better built. A twelve pack and a Virgin....(if I can find one)...if you can tell me who made it.... pray.gif .
Qarl
Better yet Mikey... instead of the brew and the virgin... how about a night of pleasure with your avatar?

rolleyes.gif
Joe Bob
Right.....like I even know who it is.....the crack of dawn ain't safe with me.....I've been married since the Truman administration..... icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.