Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I've spent an hour trying to install the shift rod rubber boot, that attaches to the firewall, how in the HELL do you install it? mad.gif

There must be some special German tool designed to assist in the installation....
grasshopper
just takes patience. get the bottom edge in the grove, then push up and slide it over. I got mine on in about 30 seconds though confused24.gif
Mueller
yep, just luck it seems....I've done some in a minute, others in about 20 minutes or so it seemed....
ematulac
Same here. And no special tools were required.
Aaron Cox
magic tool: cotter pin extractor

a tool with a wrap around dull puller thing.... takes like 2 seconds....go all the way around 1x with it. done smile.gif

a pic for joo smile.gif
user posted image
ClayPerrine
All I ever do is to hook it at the bottom and using both thumbs, slide opposite sides up and around until my thumbs meet at the top of the boot.

Goes right on every time like that.

jandro62
Holy crap, theres a boot that goes there!
Pugbug
I just turn the part nearest the firewall inside out, then when it is lined up with the lip reverse it......Works for me.
McMark
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2005, 06:07 PM)
All I ever do is to hook it at the bottom and using both thumbs, slide opposite sides up and around until my thumbs meet at the top of the boot.

Goes right on every time like that.

agree.gif

Push firmly against the body, which will stretch the rubber making it easier to go over the top. Just did mine yesterday in about 1 minute, but I've had practice. wink.gif
SGB
my best hint is to wash your hands (for me I had to over and over...) so you can get a grip on things. The cotter pin thingy seems like it could be helpful. mostly just persistance....
dmenche914
Use a heat gun, hair dryer, or lamp to warm up the rubber, makes it easier to streach over the metal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.