Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found: Plastic Battery Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914_7T3
Looking for a plastic battery cover from the 1973-1974 Recall campaign as per the photo. With or without the attached sticker. No repros please.

Dims are 9 3/4" L x 7" W x 1 3/4" H

Thank you.

Click to view attachment
jrblackbox
I have 1 I can part with. PM sent
Tom_T
2 points for you & others -

1. - If your 914 never had the HO Battery/Fuel Lines Recall done (check for sticker in engine bay if never repainted, or call PCNA), then call PCNA Customer Service to schedule one, since they are still legally obligated to do them (I have one pending).

2. - PCNA id getting the parts, & so may have a source for the covers. They were covers used on the Audi 100 & later models, so Audi is probably the current source for new ones.

I don't know if PCNA would be using VW/Audi/Porsche new parts, or repro parts from another OEM/aftermarket supplier - but either way, if Porsche is using them today, then they'd still be "original" - whether genuine or aftermarket.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914_7T3
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ May 20 2020, 02:53 AM) *

I have 1 I can part with. PM sent

Found, thanks to @jrblackbox
914_7T3
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 20 2020, 08:13 AM) *

1. - If your 914 never had the HO Battery/Fuel Lines Recall done (check for sticker in engine bay if never repainted, or call PCNA), then call PCNA Customer Service to schedule one, since they are still legally obligated to do them (I have one pending).

2. - PCNA id getting the parts, & so may have a source for the covers. They were covers used on the Audi 100 & later models, so Audi is probably the current source for new ones.

I don't know if PCNA would be using VW/Audi/Porsche new parts, or repro parts from another OEM/aftermarket supplier - but either way, if Porsche is using them today, then they'd still be "original" - whether genuine or aftermarket.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom,

Good call, however fuel lines are already stainless, what do they actually do as part of the recall? The thought of Porsche actually working on the car is quite frightening given my dealer experiences with water cooled cars.

As for the cover, yes they are still making them as 944/924 covers and AA sellls them too. I thought a period correct one would be more appropriate.

beerchug.gif
bdstone914
@914_7T3
date='May 20 2020, 09:07 AM' post='2817193']
[quote name='Tom_T' post='2817182' date='May 20 2020, 08:13 AM']

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
[/quote]

Tom,

Good call, however fuel lines are already stainless, what do they actually do as part of the recall? The thought of Porsche actually working on the car is quite frightening given my dealer experiences with water cooled cars.

As for the cover, yes they are still making them as 944/924 covers and AA sellls them too. I thought a period correct one would be more appropriate.

beerchug.gif
[/quote]

Are you sure it will fit your Optima battery?
Isn't this kind of pointless on a dry cell battery?
914_7T3
[quote name='bdstone914' date='May 20 2020, 09:40 AM' post='2817198']

[/quote]

Are you sure it will fit your Optima battery?
Isn't this kind of pointless on a dry cell battery?
[/quote]

Switching to a 96R size battery and going to use it for a period correct look and not so much for functionality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.