Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Console Gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rothaus
I'm looking for information on the center console gauges. It looks to me that they have not changed the design, as it was done for the dash gauges.

What I found is that when the bumper changed to the rubber bumper the dash gauges changed also.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Engelbert
iankarr
Up to mid 73 dash had silver dot gauges. After that they were black dot. I believe there are other changes like the speedo and red zone on the console temp gauge, but I defer to the gurus!
Coondog
Late model clock is easier to repair, early model temp gauge has a larger red area.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 21 2020, 07:11 PM) *

Late model clock is easier to repair, early model temp gauge has a larger red area.

Wondering?? I thought the larger red area temp gauge was 74 & later??
Can someone correct me?
Tom
Coondog
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 21 2020, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ May 21 2020, 07:11 PM) *

Wondering?? I thought the larger red area temp gauge was 74 & later??
Can someone correct me?
Tom

You are correct, your wrong.....,,,,,, av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
rothaus
Thanks for the info. I'm mostly interested about the center console gauges. Especially the rings which holds the glass.

I'm in the process to have some trim rings done, and need to figure out if the center console gauges would use the same trim ring as the late model, like my 76.

This is what the rings look in the 911. So the rings for Tach and speedo would work for the early 914, however, I'm not sure about the 3 small gauges.

IPB Image

Thanks
Engelbert
dr914@autoatlanta.com
center console gauges were all the same 73-76 except for the scale on the temp gauge, the put the red zone higher so people would not get scared from the early needle going into the red same gauge and sending unit other than that. Console even had the same smooth grain vinyl on it through they years even though the seat vinyl changed in 75

QUOTE(rothaus @ May 21 2020, 03:38 PM) *

I'm looking for information on the center console gauges. It looks to me that they have not changed the design, as it was done for the dash gauges.

What I found is that when the bumper changed to the rubber bumper the dash gauges changed also.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Engelbert

914werke
I think hes confusing the main instrument panel with the "center console" .
Coondog
QUOTE(914werke @ May 22 2020, 07:24 AM) *

I think hes confusing the main instrument panel with the "center console" .

He talking about matching the trim rings from his dash to the center console trim rings. Thinking that painting them would be the easiest way to go.
rothaus
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 22 2020, 10:12 AM) *

center console gauges were all the same 73-76 except for the scale on the temp gauge, the put the red zone higher so people would not get scared from the early needle going into the red same gauge and sending unit other than that. Console even had the same smooth grain vinyl on it through they years even though the seat vinyl changed in 75

QUOTE(rothaus @ May 21 2020, 03:38 PM) *

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Engelbert

OK thanks, That what I need to know. So the rings for the 3 gauges in the center console are the same, no matter what year.

Thanks
Engelbert
sb914
Click to view attachment Here’s what I did ..I got the gauges from Bruce stone. The aluminum bezels from summit racing to match dash bezels that I got from camp 914 .Used small piece of 2 in pvc pipe to fit.
Blue6
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 22 2020, 09:22 AM) *

Click to view attachment Here’s what I did ..I got the gauges from Bruce stone. The aluminum bezels from summit racing to match dash bezels that I got from camp 914 .Used small piece of 2 in pvc pipe to fit.

Eddy, that interior looks fantastic. The rings and especially that carbon fiber dash pad..... first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.