Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA racers at Heartland Park?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
Anybody here racing in, or going to the PCA club race at Heartland Park this weekend?

If anybody is gonna be around let me know. If you're racing, who knows, for a few beers I might even be your pit bitch. unsure.gif

http://www.kcrpca.org/clubrace/

Oh yeah! Heartland Park, home of the Runoffs starting in 06 !!!!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
brant
not gonna make it..
had thought I would but budget is keeping me local this year.
pitty too because I love the track

brant
Verruckt
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 8 2005, 07:04 PM)
not gonna make it..
had thought I would but budget is keeping me local this year.
pitty too because I love the track

brant

Damn that sucks Brant, would have loved to drool all over your car! drooley.gif

I assume you are a definite show for the runoffs next year? wink.gif

Anyone else?
John
I was there today (until we went home to rebuild the front calipers)...

I'll be back at the track at 8:00AM.

There are a couple 914's there. (more race car than ours)

We are there for the D.E. and not the club races.

My car is red. Look for us and say hello.

John
brant
not for the runoffs..
but I should be there for either the PCA event next year or my vintage club is coming out to heartland for an event next year...

take some pics.
there is always a good colorado turn out and I would expect Dale Tutey in his white 914 #222
and a few of the grandjunction GT race 914's probably...

brant
Verruckt
John

I'm going to be out on Sunday, you think you'll still be there? If I remember, your race car is red??

Brant

Will see you next year then.
John
It all depends on if there will be DE sessions on Sunday. If not, I'll probably not hang out. After 18 years of track events, it's not that exciting to watch other people drive.

Gotta leave now or I'll be late...

John
Verruckt
John

Have fun today. I looked at the schedule and it looks like there are two DE's tomorrow.
I'll keep an eye open for your car.

Oops, I forgot. Are the pits blocked off or are they letting anyone in? If so, I may just try and park in the back of the pits by the gate if they'll let me.
John
Admission is free. You must sign the waiver at the gate (typical PCA/Track liability release form). You will get a wrist band designating you as a non-racer (green).

You are then free to enter the paddock area. There is a large number of trailers parked about and some hospitality tents. Many Porsches to look at.

There are about 5-6 914's at the event. There is one white 914-4 and all the rest are modified cars with 6-cyl engines.

In the sprint races this afternoon, the white 914-4 finished as well as a white 914-6. All the other 914's that started, dropped out for one reason or another.

Tomarrow, there are some more sprint races and an enduro in the afternoon.

I will take my camera in the morning (there is a 915 shift linkage I must take pictures of). We will probably head out after the last DE session at about noon.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.