Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monster Garage is looking for a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer

This was posted in the classifieds here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ST&f=20&t=34582

Monster Garage is looking for a 914 for an upcoming episode. I have no idea what they could do with it. Any ideas?

brokenmoped
They should put a V12 twin turbo in it. That would be interesting television.
Dead Air
13 choices

I meant to post it HERE.

what would monster garage do to it? Build a car that fits into a suitcase? A car that hops? confused24.gif
BMartin914
I wanna know when this airs. Somebody keep us posted!
airsix
I'm sure they'll do something assinine with it. Like when they made a stripe-painting rig out of a Champ car. Okay, I can handle that - but then they cut the back end off it and bolted up a chevy live axle. wacko.gif
Oooohh, what an upgrade. icon8.gif

-Ben M.
Rand
It would be cool if they put some monster power in it and made an ultimate track car... but don't get your hopes up - it could end up with a cage to haul sheep or something. But at least we know it won't be jet-powered, or a lawn mower, or golf ball catcher, or a rock crawler, or...

user posted image
Elliot_Cannon
What ever Monster Garage does to a 914, I'm pretty sure I won't like it.
Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
hopefully they wont turn it into a chalon! laugh.gif laugh.gif
redshift
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
bd1308
maybe that is my golden ticket....i'll finally have my oil cooler stuff fixed AND my body fixed too.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 10 2005, 08:24 AM)
maybe that is my golden ticket....i'll finally have my oil cooler stuff fixed AND my body fixed too.

but you'll never get the car back... so it won't matter

and I doubt they would give enough for a project to "replace" the project
scotty b
idea.gif HHmmmmmmm there's the fix for Britt. We should all contact (bombard) MTV, with requests to have Britt's ride pimped biggrin.gif Can't you see it now, X-ibit rollin up in Ky. to Britts house, picking up the 914 and driving off in a Bond'esque cloud of smoke, only to have him pick up the car a few days later with monitors in the sunvisors, a computor lab in the front trunk, 5 - 2" subs mounted in the door/console/backpad. A lovely candy orange paint job with some silver graphics, hydraulics sitting on som 22" Giovanni rims withy a set of 195/35/22 Pirreli's. Oh and lets not forget the Playstation and neon laugh.gif
boxstr
I never did get a reply back from the person who originated the thread. I have mope than a few cars that are available, for sale or not for sale.
CCLINMONSTER914
hargray2
They are in California, so the bastards shouldn't have a problem getting a car. flipa.gif

They'll probably put a V8 up front and cut out the pristine floorpan to fab a
transmission hump, then cut off everything behind the firewall (including the perfect battery area) so they can fab a tube subframe for a narrowed Ford 9" rearend. barf.gif

scotty b
Yeah they'll probably do something crazy like put a mid-engined V8 in it wacko.gif My favorite was when they took a reeeeaalllly clean early Bronco, and turned it into a "bitchen" rock crawler. OOOoohhhhh AAAHhhhh that's amazing, and original unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jul 10 2005, 07:55 AM)
I never did get a reply back from the person who originated the thread. I have mope than a few cars that are available, for sale or not for sale.
CCLINMONSTER914

I talked to them twice and offered a perfect '70 roller........Which he said they were highly interested in. Even sent them images of the body. They didn't call back after the second phone conversation.

Also, they said they were looking for a "flared" roller if posssible or a 911. Originally, they were going to use a Mercedes Benz and then because of the "handling" characteristics, Jessie? wanted to use a 914/6 until they found out what they cost.

So call away....I won't make another one.
Aaron Cox
i have a 70 flared roller they can have. for FREE!!!!

have them email me
nebreitling
i've tried to enjoy that show, but it's just freaking impossible.
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 10 2005, 09:53 AM)

Que???
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 10 2005, 10:32 AM)

Que???

need it?

located in palmdale/landcaster.....
SLITS
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jul 10 2005, 10:24 AM)

Well, Nathan, I can see from the Ivory Tower at The Center of Advanced Higher Learning that this production would be entirely to bourgeois for you since you own a NARP. biggrin.gif

All hail the proletariat.

Slits the Barbarian.....
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 10 2005, 10:34 AM)

Que???

need it?

Yeh, Allan needs something else to worry about besides, elevated temps and metal in the strainer screwy.gif
Allan
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 10 2005, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 10 2005, 10:34 AM)

Que???

need it?

Yeh, Allan needs something else to worry about besides, elevated temps and metal in the strainer screwy.gif

laugh.gif I figured a new body would fix that..............
nebreitling
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 10 2005, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jul 10 2005, 10:24 AM)

Well, Nathan, I can see from the Ivory Tower at The Center of Advanced Higher Learning that this production would be entirely to bourgeois for you since you own a NARP. biggrin.gif

All hail the proletariat.

Slits the Barbarian.....

lmfao, ron smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jul 10 2005, 10:55 AM)
I have mope than a few cars that are available, for sale or not for sale.

Which available cars are more expensive? I am thinking the not for sale ones. smile.gif

M
SirAndy
Jessie autographed lyressa's 914 when we ran into him at a gas-station ...

that's probably where he got the idea ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
robby750
You guys seen" Overhauling" ? That is the show that I want my car on!!
Dead Air
QUOTE (robby750 @ Jul 10 2005, 06:47 PM)

[QUOTE]

You know it!!!
Eric_Shea
That Baja Teener needs to show up in Moab. Red Rocks Classic baby!! smilie_pokal.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (robby750 @ Jul 10 2005, 09:47 PM)

agree.gif
I was watchin a 'Tivo marathon' of overhaulin' one night, and my wife asked if I would be mad if that show came and did my car... I looked at her like she'd lost her mind... hell no I wouldn't be mad!! that would rock nads!
Jenny
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jul 10 2005, 03:57 PM)
Jessie autographed lyressa's 914 when we ran into him at a gas-station ...

that's probably where he got the idea ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

agree.gif That's the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.

Jen
Hawktel
Yeah, Overhauling is bad ass. I wouldn't let Xhibit or Jessie touch my nephews bicycle.

One thing, is that if they do something with a 914 on monster garage, they ussualy have a 914 expert on the show also. I nominate Miles.
tat2dphreak
as much fun as it would be to have proof that miles exists... I think it would be great if they got Brad!

1) who knows 914s better? especially if it's going to become any type of race car.
2) in the area already.
3) a fitting end to the #4 saga
and
4) a BIG flipa.gif to the guy who ruined #4s chances of being corrected with a stupid case!

and Brad wouldn't let thm turn it into a mulcher or something... I don't think.
Jenny
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 11 2005, 10:05 AM)
I think it would be great if they got Brad!

Jesse's already met Brad. smile.gif

Jen
airsix
I wouldn't let those 'Overhaulin' jokers touch anthing I own. I don't need 3-tone paint, Playstation2, and a 90lb pressboard speaker-box.

Now if Rich Bontempi or Roger Sheridan want to 'overhaul' my 914 that's just fine by me. Where do I sign up? I know they'd make it a better car, not just slap on hp and eye-candy (or what some people consider eye-candy).

-Ben M.
Hawktel
I've noticed in Overhauling that they have done alot more work with factory guys on the internals of most of the rides they work on.

So, I think you can count on getting the correct mechanicals. Now I can understand if you don't want a Foose looking ride. I wouldn't mind it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.