Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which car??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, my dad says i can get one of these cars. The price is within my budget too lol2.gif which one do you think would be best?? I already have a second one that should arrive next week, and i want to restore it back to original condition. I was thinking a AX/DE car. I kinda liked the look of the orange 75, looks straight and no sagging. Definetly not the 74 2.0, the rear suspension console has broken, the wheel is at an angle. so it is basically between the two 75s...which one do you guys think is best...the yellow one has no passenger door, and is holding up quite well...that a good sign cool_shades.gif so here they are. Which one??first 75 second 75 POS 74
drew365
I say the Orange '75. If it held up to having Cindy on the front hood and Emily on the rear deck it must be sound. boldblue.gif
BMartin914
What's wrong with the white '74? It just suffers from some "typical rust problems" chairfall.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Jul 8 2005, 05:37 PM)
What's wrong with the white '74? It just suffers from some "typical rust problems" chairfall.gif

smash.gif
ninefourteener
Agreed.... looks like the orange one is a better starting project...... less body work..... although it looks like it may need a few more parts.

Thats just from a quick glimpse though
Lou W
Emily Emily Emily boldblue.gif
redshift
I am with Loucifer. happy11.gif

M
skline
For sure take the Orange one, its got girls written all over it. You might even get laid by the time you are 18 with it. biggrin.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 8 2005, 06:42 PM)
For sure take the Orange one, its got girls written all over it. You might even get laid by the time you are 18 with it.  :D

is than an insult dry.gif haha just kidding beer.gif
Lou W
redshift   Posted on Jul 8 2005, 07:36 PM I am with Loucifer. happy11.gif

M

laugh.gif Did you go to the same Jr. High that I did? biggrin.gif
grasshopper
oopps...i just noticed that the orange one has no title... would i still be able to race it?? or should i get the yellow one?? thanks
scotty914
either one then let me do a suby 2.2 swap, not too much power for ya
drew365
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jul 8 2005, 08:18 PM)
oopps...i just noticed that the orange one has no title... would i still be able to race it?? or should i get the yellow one?? thanks

What does West Virginia require for registration? A bill of sale may be good enough to get a new title.
bjorn jacobson
I think for that kind of money you should buy all three and build a stretch limmo! biggrin.gif
But seriously, I think Mindy is winking at you.

Sorry for the smart ass reply, just getting out of work. givemebeer.gif beerchug.gif
MoveQik
If you get one of the 75's, I have both front and back bumpers that look brand new. They are yours if you pay for shipping. beerchug.gif
grasshopper
ok..i have to get the yellow one. couldn't get a title, with out jumping through rings of fire. and yes scott. I will do a suby swap beerchug.gif .......im serious smile.gif thats what i was thinking in the first place. Wish me luck!!
spare time toys
Heck get all three. It would not cost $50 the price they are at now. thats a bunch of cheap parts.
grasshopper
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 9 2005, 05:13 AM)
Heck get all three. It would not cost $50 the price they are at now. thats a bunch of cheap parts.

mom says it makes the yard look like sh*t....trust me, i would get all three....so would my dad. he always says "listen to your mother".... i'll see if i can get a second one...but i know i wont get all three....
MadeRight
Why not get this one.

Click Here
tat2dphreak
if I have learned ONE thing... it's buy the best you can, the headache on fixing a car that's been put out to pasture, is so much worse... you end up spending MORE than you would on a much better car...

that said, if you have to pick one, I say the orange 75, you should be able to get a 'lost title' for it...

also, the car Made right posted LOOKS like a GREAT start!
Joe Bob
Get one that runs...then get those POS sawzall candidates for parts.....
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 9 2005, 09:08 PM)
Get one that runs...then get those POS sawzall candidates for parts.....

laugh.gif agree.gif

yep, make Cpt. Tripps your hero, or someone else who's actually gotten to drive their car... not people like me and Mueller...

get a car you can take to YOUR prom... not let your son borrow for his prom, IF it's ready by then smile.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (MadeRight @ Jul 9 2005, 04:54 PM)
Why not get this one.

Click Here

cause it's 1100 bucks, and the reserve hasn't been met...im a kid. I dont have that kind of cash. rolleyes.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 9 2005, 06:26 PM)
get a car you can take to YOUR prom... not let your son borrow for his prom, IF it's ready by then smile.gif

i had a running car wacko.gif ......but i learnd one thing. dont fix whats not broken headbang.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jul 9 2005, 06:26 PM)
Why not get this one.

Click Here

cause it's 1100 bucks, and the reserve hasn't been met...im a kid. I dont have that kind of cash. rolleyes.gif

What make you think that it will run or be better than a parts car?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jul 9 2005, 09:26 PM)
Why not get this one.

Click Here

how do you think you'll get one of those other heaps moving? it will cost a lot more... TRUST us on this one... those cars are fine for parts, but I doubt they will ever move on their own power again...
grasshopper
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 9 2005, 06:32 PM)
Why not get this one.

Click Here

how do you think you'll get one of those other heaps moving? it will cost a lot more... TRUST us on this one... those cars are fine for parts, but I doubt they will ever move on their own power again...

ok, point taken. i already bid, and most likely i will get it, but if its crap, ill part it out and look for a good one. hopefully i will get lucky with it...
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jul 9 2005, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 9 2005, 06:32 PM)
Why not get this one.

Click Here

ok, point taken. i already bid, and most likely i will get it, but if its crap, ill part it out and look for a good one. hopefully i will get lucky with it...

if nothing else there ARE some good parts on there... just bid as if it's a parts car, not a restorable roller
VegasRacer
SO . . . . confused24.gif Didja win one?
grasshopper
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 10 2005, 03:39 PM)
SO . . . . confused24.gif Didja win one?

nope, i dont really car though...i got the parts smoke.gif im looking for a good straight teener that i dont have to do that much metal fabbing on. welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.