Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you seen my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ace Le Count
Hi everyone, I have a question. I bought my first 914 when I was 10 or 11 years old from a man named Monte. (This was in 2013) He had a yellow 914 that supposedly had a Subaru conversion. I also believe that it had Dan Gurney type mags. I paid him $150 for the '71 914 rolling shell. I traded it a few years later for a vintage RC10 and an RC10T. The man that bought it from me was named Sean or Shawn. (I'm not positive how his name was spelled.) My 914 had a little bodywork done to it, had the steel VW-sport wheels, about a gallon of bondo per panel, rust in every nook and cranny, and was missing the engine, transmission, front windsheild, passenger seat, etc, and it had the word "most" spray painted on it. It was mostly painted in a faded red with spots of primer. It was painted many different colours, so it could have changed by now. It also had an Edelbrock sticker next to the right taillight. I'm just wondering if Monte or the man that bought it from me is on 914 world, or if anyone knows the fate of my 914. I'm trying to locate it. Thanks for reading!!!!
mjrrti
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ May 23 2020, 01:39 AM) *

Hi everyone, I have a question. I bought my first 914 when I was 10 or 11 years old from a man named Monte. (This was in 2013) He had a yellow 914 that supposedly had a Subaru conversion. I also believe that it had Dan Gurney type mags. I paid him $150 for the '71 914 rolling shell. I traded it a few years later for a vintage RC10 and an RC10T. The man that bought it from me was named Sean or Shawn. (I'm not positive how his name was spelled.) My 914 had a little bodywork done to it, had the steel VW-sport wheels, about a gallon of bondo per panel, rust in every nook and cranny, and was missing the engine, transmission, front windsheild, passenger seat, etc, and it had the word "most" spray painted on it. It was mostly painted in a faded red with spots of primer. It was painted many different colours, so it could have changed by now. It also had an Edelbrock sticker next to the right taillight. I'm just wondering if Monte or the man that bought it from me is on 914 world, or if anyone knows the fate of my 914. I'm trying to locate it. Thanks for reading!!!!

Good morning. I can't remember your name but this is Monte and I am on 914 World. I have wondered about you and that car several times. I was blown away with your enthusiasm for 914's when you bought that car from me. I couldn't resist selling it to you. I can't remember what my asking price was but after rolling it around in your brain and inspecting the car top to bottom as a 10 yr old you looked me straight in the eye and said " I'll give you $150 for it" which made both me and your dad laugh our butts off. I accepted your offer and told you okay but only if you bring it back after you get it running and show it to me. After you and your dad left I went in the house and told my wife " I just got my ass out negotiated by a 10 yr. old". When I brought you the car you had drawn a pretty accurate 914 picture for me with a thank you note for me selling you your first car. I kept it for a long time. I don't know if I still have it but if I do I'll get you a copy. Good to hear from you, remind me of your name. I hope you find the car and still bring it by one day when it is running. As for the Yellow Suby car, it is still my DD. It is Hot Rod Black now with the Dan Gurneys, top, bumpers, and skirts painted orange. I am getting ready to go on the Corona Rally June 6. I work at and drive it to Orielly Auto Parts on 7th and La Paz 3 days a week. I don't know the whereabouts of your car. I would talk to a guy named Vince in Hesperia. He parts them out and always has parts for sale on craigslist. If anyone knows of the car he might. Good luck. I am on my way to work so if you respond you won't here from me until tonight. Monte
ndfrigi
wow nice story! Good we will be able to meet you and see your car Monte during Corona Rally. Ace Le Count, you never know that the car you’re looking for will be at the event also.
Ace Le Count
Wow, I can't believe that you're on here! My name is Christopher. I still look for 914s all over CA, AZ, and NV Craigslist sites almost daily. I've missed out on some really great deals. It's nice to hear from you. I can't seem to remember the VIN of the one I bought from you. It's a shame, because it would probably be much easier to find it with it. Now I've got my 5-year-old brother hooked on Porsche. It started with the 914 and then I just kept showing him other classic models and having him memorize them. He has a bunch of photos on his bedroom wall now. We moved to Laughlin, NV in 2018. It would be cool to see photos of your 914s. Do you still have the quad? Did you end up fixing it up? I've spoken with Vince a time or two already. I'll definitely ask him about it. I totally regret selling it. But maybe one day we'll see it again. We should keep in touch, my number is (760) 653-8979. Maybe one day we could meet up with our 914s.
mjrrti
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ May 23 2020, 01:32 PM) *

Wow, I can't believe that you're on here! My name is Christopher. I still look for 914s all over CA, AZ, and NV Craigslist sites almost daily. I've missed out on some really great deals. It's nice to hear from you. I can't seem to remember the VIN of the one I bought from you. It's a shame, because it would probably be much easier to find it with it. Now I've got my 5-year-old brother hooked on Porsche. It started with the 914 and then I just kept showing him other classic models and having him memorize them. He has a bunch of photos on his bedroom wall now. We moved to Laughlin, NV in 2018. It would be cool to see photos of your 914s. Do you still have the quad? Did you end up fixing it up? I've spoken with Vince a time or two already. I'll definitely ask him about it. I totally regret selling it. But maybe one day we'll see it again. We should keep in touch, my number is (760) 653-8979. Maybe one day we could meet up with our 914s.

Hey Christopher, thanks for jogging my memory. That was a cool moment for me selling you that car. You were so excited about it that I probably would have said its a deal if you had offered me a single dollar. I don't know if you remember but when I brought you the car you had already made a list of some of the parts you needed just from your memory of looking at it at my house. It was missing a headlight eyebrow and you asked me where to get one. It was loose in a small box of misc parts that I put in the car for you. When I showed it to you you gave a fist pump and screamed YES !!! like you had just scored a touchdown in the Superbowl. It was a very cool moment. I forgot the quad until you asked about it. I gave it to my stepson to fix up for my grandson, not sure of the progress. You get yourself a 914 and we will meet up at one of these driving events. I will try and post a couple pics but my computer is acting up so we will see. Take care I will call you sometime.
mjrrti

mjrrti

Ace Le Count
They look great! Thanks for sharing! I look foward to it. :-)
oakdalecurtis
Building on your thread. I would love to find this silver 914 that my neighbor let me use on hot high school dates. I think it was a 72 or 73, not sure. His name was Russ Raines and he lived in Sunny Hills, Fullerton, CA. He passed away and his family sold it. Anyone?

Click to view attachment
Ace Le Count
Bump
Ace Le Count
This is the only photo I can find of it. I believe it to have been taken sometime mid-2013. It wears VW-Sport steel wheels on all 4 corners
Ace Le Count
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jan 30 2021, 12:20 PM) *

This is the only photo I can find of it. I believe it to have been taken sometime mid-2013. It wears VW-Sport steel wheels on all 4 corners

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Great stories ...and that last picture is a killer, love the shades
Ace Le Count
Bump. I would love to see any questionable cars.
Ace Le Count
I'm thinking about putting it on a milk carton. Bump
Robarabian
Ok.. does anybody have my first 914? Would have been sold in Tarzana, California approximately 1988.Click to view attachment
Ace Le Count
Bump
Ace Le Count
I found some photos of it. Let me know shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.