Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First post 1973 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawkiii
Hi folks. I have been doing searches and just reading posts. Trying to learn as much as possible about these great little cars. I am trying to figure out why mine runs so crappy. The PO told me he rebuilt the engine and put in a mild cam and scrapped the FI and put on the dual Weber’s. From following you guys I am learning that vacuum is pretty important in these engines. I have a friend who was a master mechanic and he has explained many things for me and he stresses that vacuum is pretty important here. So I started checking into the vacuum lines and found I only have one. From one of the carburetors to the vacuum advance on the distributor. Is this correct? I have been trying to find a vacuum diagram for the 1.7 with dual carbs but all the ones I find detail the fuel injection set up. I set up my vacuum tester on the line from the carb to the distributor and started the engine. I could not register any vacuum at all. The needle just twitched at 0. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I feel like I am missing something with only one line. Thanks in advance for your help folks.
mepstein
welcome.png
Frankvw
welcome.png
I also have a 1973 1.7 , still working on it.
With the help of 914world and its members I get a LOT of help if I need it.
Since I still have the FI in place I cannot answer your question about carbs vs vacuumhoses, sorry !
914Sixer
Most people run VW 009 or rare 050 distributors. They are non vacuum units. Some one with carbs chime in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.