Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Probably need a new battery, have not been reading good things about the optima batteries compared to a few years ago. All responses appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
fiacra
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=323517

An oft asked questions so I'm sure there are multiple other threads, but this is the one I remember.
Mark Henry
Didn't I put an Odyssey 925 in your car?
IIRC I had to replace your Optima as it was cut through on one cell, because it wasn't bolted down.

I know that was 4-5 years ago but It should still be good. confused24.gif
Did you let it go flat?
FlacaProductions
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2816990
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 25 2020, 11:42 AM) *

Didn't I put an Odyssey 925 in your car?
IIRC I had to replace your Optima as it was cut through on one cell, because it wasn't bolted down.

I know that was 4-5 years ago but It should still be good. confused24.gif
Did you let it go flat?

Did not let it go flat, have trickle charger on when not driving the car much, like in the winter months!

Ian
Mark Henry
You should still be able to get a few more years out of it.
Is it cranking slower?

This is about the best price on an Odyssey 925 in Canada, free fast shipping.
https://saskbattery.com/ecommerce_155.htm

Bolt in, you already have the posts on your old battery, and the bracket I made.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 25 2020, 12:28 PM) *

You should still be able to get a few more years out of it.
Is it cranking slower?

This is about the best price on an Odyssey 925 in Canada, free fast shipping.
https://saskbattery.com/ecommerce_155.htm

Bolt in, you already have the posts on your old battery, and the bracket I made.

Thanks for the link Mark, if I need a new one I will get the same battery, since the bracket you made is in place. We have a Porsche mechanic in the Moncton area now, has experience working on 914s, he is an ASE and is from Belgium, teener is at his place right now, new rotors, pads, wipers are working again, spark plugs need changing, setting the valves,etc. He mentioned the battery seemed a bit weak, reason for my post.
I am going to need a set of tires by the fall and I am noticing we have less to choose from for 15 inch tires. Was quite happy with the Bridgestone Potenza but no longer available.

Ian
Mark Henry
Or do you want a regular size battery?

I'll take the posts and bracket..... We need a "vulture circling" smiley laugh.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 25 2020, 12:54 PM) *

....He mentioned the battery seemed a bit weak, reason for my post.

Every Odyssey (and my old optima) I've had never showed much over 13 volts, where a lead/acid battery will show 13.5-13.8V. My old Optima after several years it only would charge to 12.5V but worked without fail till 10+ years.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 25 2020, 01:09 PM) *

I'll take the posts and bracket..... We need a "vulture circling" smiley laugh.gif

I will replace with the battery you linked me to, same as the one in the car now, reviews are all very positive and the bracket etc. you made is in already there. I will order the charger designed for the battery in the ad, I do not have that, may be the problem. Will see what happens after being on the charger the mechanic has.

Ian
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 25 2020, 01:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 25 2020, 01:09 PM) *

I will replace with the battery you linked me to, same as the one in the car now, reviews are all very positive and the bracket etc. you made is in already there. I will order the charger designed for the battery in the ad, I do not have that, may be the problem. Will see what happens after being on the charger the mechanic has.

Ian

The literature that came with the Odyssey said if only storing 6 months don't charge, but do disconnect the battery. Just an FYI.
beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.