Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memorial Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dion
Never forget
ValcoOscar
agree.gif

I'm thankful to all who have served in our armed forces.
I'm proud I had a chance to serve, However I will never forget those who gave their lives for US ALL.

God bless AMERICA....Land that I love beerchug.gif

Oscar
windforfun
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 25 2020, 12:22 PM) *

agree.gif

I'm thankful to all who have served in our armed forces.
I'm proud I had a chance to serve, However I will never forget those who gave their lives for US ALL.

God bless AMERICA....Land that I love beerchug.gif

Oscar

Many many many thanks!!!
Ampex351
QUOTE(Dion @ May 25 2020, 01:10 PM) *

Never forget

I spent 2 years in Vietnam. Lost a lot of good friends. My wife supported me as we went to the local National Cemetery here in Roseburg, Or. It's a time to remember and appreciate those who didn't get to come home and later enjoy the fun things in life that we all take for granted. Like our 914's. We spent almost an hr. and then 4 F-15 fighter jets flew over as a salute. It was all I could do to hold it back. A very moving Memorial day.

Thanks to all of you for being my current day "comrades". This forum is filled with good people and great knowledge.

infraredcalvin
Respect and thanks to all who served and all who gave the ultimate sacrifice under our flag.

A personal shout out to a friend and 2nd father to me, passed on Friday, May 22, 2020. RIP General Lyon, I can only hope to live a life as full of giving like yours!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lyon_(general)

76-914
flag.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ May 25 2020, 02:18 PM) *

Respect and thanks to all who served and all who gave the ultimate sacrifice under our flag.

A personal shout out to a friend and 2nd father to me, passed on Friday, May 22, 2020. RIP General Lyon, I can only hope to live a life as full of giving like yours!

OMG....I know of him. My brother lived a few streets over on Palomino in Coto. Avid car collector too.

Oscar
gonzo54
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ May 25 2020, 02:18 PM) *

So sorry to hear about General Lyon. I always take my Air Force buddies to his great Museum at John Wayne Airport when they are in town. Hopefully the Museum and collection will live on.

-Rick
infraredcalvin
Oscar, yes he’s touched so many, his car collection is one of the worlds best!

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ May 25 2020, 06:17 PM) *
So sorry to hear about General Lyon. I always take my Air Force buddies to his great Museum at John Wayne Airport when they are in town. Hopefully the Museum and collection will live on.

-Rick

Rick, the car collection and plane museum has been a joint project between General Lyon and his son for years. You bet it’ll live on through his son! Both their wishes was eventually to get the cars in a public viewing location, they’ve been rotating some at the plane museum, but you can count on more to come!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.