Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: free cad software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
here is a chance for everybody who wants a cad software to get it for free. you must register and they want 100000 people to try it so go sigh up and spread the word.

free cad
seanery
aktion035.gif
bd1308
i'm down on that quicker than........ biggrin.gif
grantsfo
Thanks!!!
drew365
I hope this is not a way to harvest 100,000 email addresses for free. I just changed my address and it's nice not getting any spam.
Qarl
I hope this is not a way to harvest 100,000 email addresses for free. I just changed my address and it's nice not getting any spam.

Sounds fishy to me... I predict... "Sorry, we only had 99,998 registrations... so instead we are going to keep e-mailing you about our "great" CAD software you could have had for "free" had only 2 more people signed up for it."

Air_Cooled_Nut
I've got my own PLUS machine shop in one:
http://www.emachineshop.com/

I'm telling ya, finding a machine shop that will actually spend time with me to design a [low production] part is impossible. Or they'll do it but charge such a high price that it makes one not want to do it. The fact that I can do my own designing is perfect!

I've never, EVER, used a CAD/CAM application before yet I was able to design a couple parts. Soon as I get some $$ for my prototype I'm gonna try it. Some of the guys on FerrariChat.com have used it with success.
Demick
Interesting that their web site give no actual information on the software and gives no screenshots to show what the interface looks like. They are trying to promote themselves strictly on the fact that it is free. Nothing more.

Lame

You get what you pay for.
914GT
I'll pass.

Mysterious CAD Site Employs Quantum Marketing Tactic
SpecialK
I went ahead and signed-up anyway. I've got my spamblocker set to high, which keeps my Inbox nice and neat.......let them spam away!
scottb
signed up and used my net email... could be fun.
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif I signed up with one of my extra gmail accounts... if anyone wants one, LMK, I have 50 more invites...
hargray2
Yes, emachineshop.com is very nice. They do use their own software though. I
forgot the file extension it uses, but only their software can open it.

I already have Autocad 2004.....(FREE)

Get Kazaa Lite!
snflupigus
ok, played with emachineshops stuff today for a few hours... ok, 3. I'm not impressed. It can't do a lot of stuff I can do with autocad so it took a while to simply convert some designs i had previously into their system - then it gave me all kinds of issues with intersecting lines etc.. renders the part fine, ok's one hole then rejects another that is identical. got a price of 219 for a simple part that probably wouldnt cost more than 100 if i took it to a local guy.

so all in all I sort of liked it's simplistic nature but radiusing things etc. was anoying. here's a render of something it took about 20 minutes to convert. shouldn't have taken that long but the radiuses had to be done a certain way in a certain order of design. Also some negative cuts and cones dont seem possible.

user posted image

couldnt pull off this...

user posted image

i knew that was too good to be true!

damn.
Air_Cooled_Nut
ok, played with emachineshops stuff today for a few hours... ok, 3. I'm not impressed. It can't do a lot of stuff I can do with autocad so it took a while to simply convert some designs i had previously into their system - then it gave me all kinds of issues with intersecting lines etc.. renders the part fine, ok's one hole then rejects another that is identical.

It does what it advertises: Allows someone with minimal CAD experience to design, price and have manufactured their own creation.

got a price of 219 for a simple part that probably wouldnt cost more than 100 if i took it to a local guy.

Well, you're lucky to find that, I can't. dry.gif

i knew that was too good to be true!

You must've been expecting too much. It's good enough for what it delivers which is more than I can say about local shops here and since it's still being developed I'm sure it'll get better wink.gif

Obviously if one has the CAD experience and shop then this isn't for them. beerchug.gif
SpecialK
A quick drawing I whipped up on Autodesk Inventor 5.....VERY cool! aktion035.gif And relatively easy to use.
snflupigus
Inventor is the best for solids i think... its just so expensive... too bad i've never been able to find a working "demo" version. smile.gif
Demick
Took 20 minutes just to import that part with errors??? I modeled your part from scratch in Solidworks in under 4 minutes.

Demick
snflupigus
hehehe, yes.... but not for lack of trying.

It took 20 minutes for me to learn the new software which caused about 20 minutes of problem solving.... I couldnt get it to actually create those radiuses right so I had to start over from scratch working from the other side out... you cant create a radius on something created in a different view. so trying to radius both sides of a hole would be impossible with their program unless you split the part in half while! you were building it in the first place.

Go download the software and try to build that part - have fun swearing at the computer - LOL --- It would take me about 5 minutes to put it into autocad2004 as well. Solidworks is even quicker than acad2004 but I dont have it and I've learned to used 04 pretty well having it as my only option.

That was my point, their software isnt the most friendly or quick. would be find for simple flat peices or something like that but nothing too complex at all.
Mueller
Hey Demick, need your SW books back?? smile.gif

I tried the eMachine software a few years ago when they came out, played with it for about 5 minutes, said to myself "this stinks" and removed it from my computer screwy.gif

Luckly for me I can import my Pro/E files directly into BobCAD/CAM (except for some goofy re-scaling once in a while that needs to be done)

snflupigus
anyone feel free to pm me about where i might be able to buy proe or inventor for say, $free.99

biggrin.gif
hargray2
You should be able to find anything you want with most any P2P software.
snflupigus
not that works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.