Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 2.0 (916 Tribute car)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
atomix8
1974 Porsche 914 2.0
916 'Tribute' car with fiberglass GT flares and 916 front and rear bumpers
25,338 miles shown, assume this is 125,338 miles.
Asking $8000 for this forum. More on craigslist
Car is located just outside Washington D.C.

Bottom Line Up Front
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Longtime owner of the vehicle, I've got it sorted and all major 914 rust areas have been addressed. Car is an excellent driver, gets looks everywhere it goes, and has been very reliable classic car. Drivetrain is very strong, loads of suspension and brake upgrades make this a very unique and fun car to drive. Like any 46 year old car, it does have some areas that need 'TLC', but nothing that prevents you from driving and enjoying this mid-engine classic. Paint is a ~15 year old respray over the original sunflower yellow, it has fared pretty well, but there are a few places it has been touched up in the process of treating rust and doesn't match exactly.

The Best Part for the Next Owner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-$6500 rustoration conducted in 2008-2009, stored in garage or under cover since
-Hell hole completely addressed (area under battery, passenger console replaced, rear suspension arch)
-Longitudinals (essentially the frame) patched, jack points replaced
-New floor pans throughout
-All metal replaced with new reproduction parts
-All coated in POR-15

The Good
~~~~~~~~
-2.0 Litre motor runs very strong, appears to have been rebuilt previously.
-Fuel injection retrofitted with Dual Dellorto 40 carbs, rebuilt a few years back
-Electronic ignition (Petronix) on 009 distributor
-Recent plugs, cap, rotor, wires, valve adjustment
-Stainless steel heat exchangers, sport exhaust
-901 'side shift' Transmission shifts as well any 914. Shift linkage bushings and o-rings into transmission replaced. Sewpco 201 fluid replaced ~5,000 miles ago.
-Newer motor and tranny mounts
-Stainless steel fuel lines
-911S front suspension (5 lug conversion, big brakes, turbo tie rods)
-Front calipers recently rebuilt
-Brake soft lines replaced
-Stock rear brakes, converted to 5 lug hubs
-15"x7" and 15"x8" fuchs wheels, beautiful set that were polished and spoke surrounds painted black.
-All 4 tires have great tread, rears might have 500 miles on them.
-Recently replaced 19mm master cylinder
-New Bosch Starter
-Recent Bosch Alternator
-AGM battery, always kept on trickle charger
-Pushrod (Oil) tubes resealed, though they still leak a bit
-Lights all work, blower motor works
-Factory gauge package works (oil temp, clock, voltmeter)
-VDO oil pressure gauge, Dakota Digital Cylinder Head Temp gauge
-Comes with lots of spare parts, manuals, huge stack of paperwork. H4 headlight upgrade, new horns, ignition parts, gauges, gaskets.
-Interior has newer carpeting, great upholstery job on the seats. Dash has a dash pad.

The Bad
~~~~~~~
-In the process of rebuilding the hell-hole, the shop I used for a restoration ended up making the passenger door shutline very tight. Shutline was good after repair of the floor pans and longitudals, so I have to assume they goofed up when finishing the hell hole and rebuilding the suspension mount points. Doesn't wear tires oddly, is stable at 80 mph, but the darn door is very tight. Frankly, I don't use it.
-009 distributor isn't the absolute best. Plenty of options from $150 to $400
-Very minor leaks (a spot or two after a 50 miles drive)
-Used to have factory air, all the holes in the body have been patched, but the condenser is still in the front trunk, and blower unit in the cabin. Tin has been patched.
-Minor electrical issues that, as an electrical engineer, I have dutifully ignored for 13 years in a car with no roof. Wipers, horn, and radio have never worked. Have a heat tube disconnected, so heat isn't hot right now.
-Rear trunk has a hinge that broke loose from an old repaired weld. I have the JWest rear trunk pivot replacement kit that I've never gotten around to installing.
-Paint has minor imperfections. Places I have repaired minor body rust with Rust Seal (around windshield, fenders, etc.) don't match the silver paint perfectly.
-Rear trunk has some rust, nothing catastrophic it's POR-15'd and hasn't changed in 10 years.

I don't need to sell, but want to move on to another 'fun' vehicle. Car simply doesn't get used enough, I have driven it only 6,000 miles in my 13 years of ownership. I've already spent most of the money, time for someone else to have their fun. Not open to trades.

Clean Maryland Title
atomix8
More pics, please let me know if you'd like to see a certain area.
atomix8
Paperwork, parts, better interior shots
atomix8
Sold to nditiz1.
nditiz1
Thanks again Atomix8

beerchug.gif
flipb
QUOTE(atomix8 @ May 25 2020, 07:26 PM) *

The Bad
~~~~~~~
-In the process of rebuilding the hell-hole, the shop I used for a restoration ended up making the passenger door shutline very tight. Shutline was good after repair of the floor pans and longitudals, so I have to assume they goofed up when finishing the hell hole and rebuilding the suspension mount points. Doesn't wear tires oddly, is stable at 80 mph, but the darn door is very tight. Frankly, I don't use it.

I'm very curious about this. My '74 2.0 has a similar issue. The hellhole/longs were repaired under the previous owner, who was in Ellicott City, MD. Wonder if it was the same place. I see you posted a receipt for the work so I can see the shop. Hmmm.

Congrats on the sale and to nditiz1 on the buy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.