Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steve Ziesing has passed away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
I just learned with deep sadness that we have lost another SoCal 914 fan and an incredibly nice genuine, witty and gentlemanly guy, Steve Ziesing. I'm not sure whether Steve had been active on 914world at any point but not long ago he acquired a lovely blue 914-6 he called "Emma" and could be seen at local events and cruising around the Topanga and Malibu area. Steve and I first met many years ago while running our 914s at the track with POC and John Williamson (Otto) and the whole 914 gang back then. RIP Steve.
davep
Sorry for your loss Chris.
914_7T3
Just saw that on TRE’s IG page and was sad to hear. He was always volunteering at local events and loved the 914.

Condolences to his friends and family.

RIP

sad.gif
Cairo94507
Condolences to his friends and family. I hope he is driving his 914-6 on smooth canyon roads with the sun shining. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Anyone know his screen name?
campbellcj
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 26 2020, 06:00 AM) *

Anyone know his screen name?

He knew about the June 6th rally and had just messaged me about it on Instagram on Thursday so maybe he was a stealth lurker here confused24.gif

His recent photos/profile -

https://www.instagram.com/steveziesing/

campbellcj
From Rare Shades IV last year - one of the coolest "cars and coffee" type things ever.

Steve and his car are on the left.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sb914
Is this him ? the guy on the left . I just met him a couple months ago sad.gif Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
Coondog
RIP Sir.
campbellcj
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 26 2020, 06:27 AM) *

Is this him ? the guy on the left . I just met him a couple months ago sad.gif Click to view attachment

Yessir
sb914
Oh man that sucks !! Rip my friend.
Unobtanium-inc
Here is a pic of Steve and the car.
drem914
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 26 2020, 06:21 AM) *

From Rare Shades IV last year - one of the coolest "cars and coffee" type things ever.

Steve and his car are on the left.

Click to view attachment

I knew the name and face he seemed familiar we had a some good chat while at rare shades and the couple of times we met up at the driving Museum in El Segundo. That is me with my wife Joyce talking to him.
sixnotfour
RIP beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
Ah man, I missed this. I am so sorry for your loss, Chris—and for all of our loss.

Steve was beyond nice, and when the battery died on a car I had to get back across LA, Steve offered to follow us just to make sure it made it back to the west side after a jump start. Seemed like a very, very cool guy and one I was looking forward to meeting up with again. sad.gif
Matty900
Sorry for your loss Chris. Just realized that Steve had passed after seeing Paul's tribute video on the Socal 914 gathering thread. I only got the chance to meet Steve in person one time that I can recall but we talked through Instagram and appreciated jokes together. What an awesome guy. He was always so supportive and encouraging. I will miss him as I am sure anyone who knew him will. Prayers for the friends and family left behind.
His last joke for me was "Actually, it's only Quarantine if it comes from the Quarantine Region of France. Otherwise it's just sparkling isolation"
914-300Hemi
RIP Steve
He was very passionate about his 914 and a great guy to talk to.
Montreal914
RIP.
Sorry for your loss.
euro911
sad.gif
shane
sad.gif R.I.P.
Dion
My condolences Chris. Would have liked to have met him.
R.I.P.
burton73
Very sad. May his memory bring joy to all that he touched!

RIP my 914 brother

Bob B
jfort
Did not know him, but like all of you, I'm sure, I hate seeing a 914 guy leave us.
ValcoOscar
So Sad...I last spoke with him at Rare Shade event.

Such a cool guy.

RIP

Oscar
EddieA
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 25 2020, 08:56 PM) *

I just learned with deep sadness that we have lost another SoCal 914 fan and an incredibly nice genuine, witty and gentlemanly guy, Steve Ziesing. I'm not sure whether Steve had been active on 914world at any point but not long ago he acquired a lovely blue 914-6 he called "Emma" and could be seen at local events and cruising around the Topanga and Malibu area. Steve and I first met many years ago while running our 914s at the track with POC and John Williamson (Otto) and the whole 914 gang back then. RIP Steve.

Hey, folks. It's been a number of months since Steve passed. I just became a member here... Steve was a dear long-time friend of mine. He loved 914s, and we talked those and other fun vehicles often. Mutual friend got an Aston Martin DB9, and Steve was just giddy. Wry sense of humor. It's great to see how well he was appreciated here. I know it meant a lot to him.

He will be missed always...

914-300Hemi
At events my wife and I always seem to run into Steve and talk for hours. He was very passionate about his 914. He was a great car guy.
914_teener
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Jun 7 2020, 02:54 PM) *

Sorry for your loss Chris. Just realized that Steve had passed after seeing Paul's tribute video on the Socal 914 gathering thread. I only got the chance to meet Steve in person one time that I can recall but we talked through Instagram and appreciated jokes together. What an awesome guy. He was always so supportive and encouraging. I will miss him as I am sure anyone who knew him will. Prayers for the friends and family left behind.
His last joke for me was "Actually, it's only Quarantine if it comes from the Quarantine Region of France. Otherwise it's just sparkling isolation"

Thanks for that Matt.

I met him several times at various events. This is sad news. He was a great guys to talk to and a real enthusiast round the So Cal area.

Prayers for all of us and those that have passed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.