Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 996 and/or 993 cutaway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SilverBullet
I need to look at the 993 and 996 rear suspensions, and I was hoping to see either a picture of the rear of a sectioned car, or perhaps a schimatic showing how the rear suspension looks fully assembled. Can anyone help?
Jeroen
Hey Jason,

Browse trough this thread... it has some pics of at least a 996 rear susp
Try the tech specs on the off. porsche site as well
SilverBullet
Hey Jeroeon:
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not Forum savvy or if it's because you left something off, but the only site I could see on your response was your personal webite, and that only seemed to have 914 and 911 stuff. Did you forget to leave a URL, or am browsing the wrong portions of your website?

Jason
Steve
I would get a PET CD.
Mine shows all the cars up to 996 and boxster.
I have a 993 and the rear suspension is multilink just like the 996.
However I think the 996 has additional links.
The 964 was the last of the 911's with a trailing arm.
The Porsche 911 story by Paul Frere also has some really good pictures of both suspensions.
Steve
Jason,

I noticed you live in San Jose.
I will be in training in San Jose for the next two weeks.
I could make a copy of the PET CD if you want it.
Its very useful.
It has a parts list and drawings for all Porsches up to 996 and boxster.

I will also bring the Porsche 911 story book if you want to copy some of the pictures.
Jeroen
oops... my bad! headbang.gif
I meant this thread...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=34122
SilverBullet
Hey there guys. Thanks for the responses.

Jeroen, those pictures are excellent! Exactly what I was looking for.

Steve I actually have access to a PET CD, I just didn't think about looking there. idea.gif I'll check that out too. Thank you for the offer to stop by, that's very generous. Does the 911 story book you mention, have some suspension details?

Jason
Steve
The pictures in the 911 book are not that good but it does do a good job explaining the evolution of the 911.
SilverBullet
Steve:
I do appreciate the offer, but right now I'm more interested in potential suspension configurations to put under my 914.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.