Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted at Buena Park White Martini style wide fender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
My wife, my daughter and I was able to take some pictures.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
VERY cool !
Love the 'industrial mount' flares
Great livery.
White too !
ValcoOscar
That's on the corner of Beach and La Palma in my city but I have not seen that car before. confused24.gif

I like it..wondering about powerplant choice

Oscar
mepstein
Isn't it Scott S's car, purchased by another world member.
ndfrigi
Can’t remember the car if he attended one of those morning meets.
Gearup
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 28 2020, 05:51 PM) *

Rear flare sure looks like it has fitment issues!
Krieger
QUOTE(Gearup @ May 28 2020, 10:01 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 28 2020, 05:51 PM) *

Rear flare sure looks like it has fitment issues!

agree.gif

Looks like crap, but hey, it's on the road.
ndfrigi
The car looks beautiful if you see it in actual and engine sounds very healthy!
We got a picture from the left side with the driver but trying to avoid to share it.
Steve
I've seen a narrow body car that looked just like that at Cars & Coffee. I wonder if he added these bolt ons.
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 29 2020, 08:05 AM) *

The car looks beautiful if you see it in actual and engine sounds very healthy!
We got a picture from the left side with the driver but trying to avoid to share it.

Just wondering why...it's on a public street.....
RFoulds
Is it just me, or were the flares mounted too high? or possibly ride height is too high? something aint right.
eric9144
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2020, 06:10 PM) *

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 29 2020, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2020, 06:10 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif

Sure looks like Scott's old car ...
idea.gif
SO.O.C914er
Any 914 in Buena Park should magnetically be drawn to Oscar’s house! I’m sorry you must see the So Cal 914 handbook. Haha lol-2.gif av-943.gif .....drive on Paul.
ValcoOscar
At 2019 WCR?

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Sure there’s that Martini car. But no Oscar car something strange going on here!!
drem914
Well here is one of his at WCR2019, but it's not him driving.

Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 29 2020, 09:34 PM) *

Probably and there I am right next door....

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Pic of Scott S' car in 2013 - being loaded on its way to the new owner.
@Scott S
horizontally-opposed
Not sure if those flares are mounted high, but the molded-in 916 bumpers (particularly on a white car) may be part of why people are asking?

Interesting to see the "side light" on the number area on the passenger door. Don't see one on the other side in Scott's last pic of the car. Whoever added the one on the other side is clearly a period racing fan. Takes some commitment to drill holes in a door…

It's always nice to see a 914 out in the wild. Rarer and rarer in the Bay Area these days.

Scott S
Hi All -
Been a long time - hope everyone is doing well and safe,

Stumbled on this. Yes, thats my old car - I owned it from 92 to 2013. It's been sold a few times since I let it go. Nice to see that is still lives.

Looks like its on much bigger wheels now (I ran 15x7/8), and the car looks like it has a rake to the front. Not my thing, but thats fine - just a chocolate or vanilla thing.

Flares are spot on/ The valance being a part of the bumper makes the rear look high in that pic.

My original rear 916 bumper was smashed in 1994. It was a perfect replica of the original. Unforntunately the repos they were making at that time had that new/different profile and incorrect license plate area. Always hated that.

Front bumper is hens teeth. Correct profile and does not get narrower as it gets to the center of the hood. It was purchased in the mid 80's.

When I sold it it had a carbed 2.7 - 6

I stole the bolt on flare idea from a white 914 featured in a mid-80's "VW and Porsche" magazine. When I built the car, steel flares we not the norm (folks did not spend that kind of money) and every car I saw with fiberglass flares always started to crack or the blend lines became visible. I like old race cars, so this seemed like a perfect marriage. Did the Martini stuff on a whim as I had never seen another one. Nice to see it has lasted.

Miss that little car sometimes. After 20+ years it was tough to let it go. Just had to many other car projects going.

Oh, the Lemans cars only had the door number light on the passenger side. Yes, drilling that hole was scary - but that light looked killer at night on the highway. It was far scarier drilling and riveting the front and rear deck lid hold down and pins!

here are some very old pics.

beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
I live in Buena Park.
I see this car out and about on occasion.
Never had the pleasure to stop and chat.
I usually see him up and down Beach Blvd (Main St) Must be a local idea.gif

Glad to see him enjoying it driving.gif

Oscar
Scott S
One cool anecdote (for me at least) -

I grew up in the City of Orange proper (went to school at St Johns, as did my parents and grandparents). All of my remaining family is still there, and within a 5 mile radius of each other and the old town circle. Been there since 1900. I lived in Villa Park and Newport as well.

My dads 9146 that he drove daily back and forth to LA back in the 70's was what got me into these cars. Kind of cool that my old car is out there now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.