Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 1972 914 in Irish Green (L60E as original color)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Baumgardner
This is a pretty specific WTB request... I'm open to condition if restorable (or already restored) and will pay according to fair value with some premium since this request is so specific. Either 1.7 or 2.0 although most are 1.7. Why this car? Pretty simple. I drove a 72 914 in Irish Green back in the 70's and want to recreate it. Yeah, I know, sort of crazy I guess but I've got time and money so why not? There were about 25,000 made, so hopefully I'll find something eventually...
JOEPROPER
welcome.png and good luck!
I think your right on target with your mindset. If you have the means and the time, then just go ahead and get it! smilie_pokal.gif
FlacaProductions
I hear ya. My first car was a 73 1.7 - i still have the VIN and had set out to find that exact car (long story) and I was prepared to spend an inordinate amount to make THAT car mine and right. While I (still) have some very good leads, I have been unsuccessful. I did find a beautiful 74 in the same color, etc. and I'm VERY happy but I understand your quest.

It's just west of you in southeastern Indiana where we spend time (go reds!) - so maybe I'll see you around....
Baumgardner
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 31 2020, 01:57 PM) *

I hear ya. My first car was a 73 1.7 - i still have the VIN and had set out to find that exact car (long story) and I was prepared to spend an inordinate amount to make THAT car mine and right. While I (still) have some very good leads, I have been unsuccessful. I did find a beautiful 74 in the same color, etc. and I'm VERY happy but I understand your quest.

It's just west of you in southeastern Indiana where we spend time (go reds!) - so maybe I'll see you around....

Well, that's a little discouraging but thanks, Brian. Yeah, I know it's a bit of a tough quest but maybe I'll get lucky. I guess the one good thing is doesn't cost to search. I guess for those trying to recapture something from their youth, color is more important than one would think. For Irish Green though, '72 was the last year so that limits me. The other very good thing is I have actually begun to be much better educated about the evaluation and restoration processes and judging value than when I started.

Go Reds! - Michael
KELTY360
I sold an Irish Green '72 to @sixnotfour in 2018. No idea what happened to it from there. It was rough. Good luck.
Baumgardner
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 31 2020, 05:27 PM) *

I sold an Irish Green '72 to @sixnotfour in 2018. No idea what happened to it from there. It was rough. Good luck.

Thanks Marc... I appreciate any lead even if a stretch smile.gif. I'm going to check in with him just in case.
FlacaProductions
Didn't mean to be a wet blanket - I think the fact that you are looking for a specific year/color combo and I was looking for a specific VIN puts us in different levels of expectation. I think yours is more realistic - happy to keep an eye open!
Baumgardner
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 31 2020, 07:08 PM) *

Didn't mean to be a wet blanket - I think the fact that you are looking for a specific year/color combo and I was looking for a specific VIN puts us in different levels of expectation. I think yours is more realistic - happy to keep an eye open!

Haha... Oh, so you were looking for the Vin number too - ah, yes, that sounds like that would be a tremendous challenge and definitely a level up! That makes me feel better. And thank you.

- Michael
sixnotfour
I have 3 Irish green rollers..one has 98% OG paint..I will post pics..As They Say..Everything is For Sale..sold an Irish Green Six..
Baumgardner
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 1 2020, 12:00 AM) *

I have 3 Irish green rollers..one has 98% OG paint..I will post pics..As They Say..Everything is For Sale..sold an Irish Green Six..

Thanks much... I'll look for the pics. Let me know.

- Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.