Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2020: Event AND PHOTO Thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SharonG
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 4 2020, 08:32 PM) *

Here is the t-shirt link!
beer3.gif

Don't forget to get your t-shirt! You need to order by early Friday! @RonD is submitting the order on Fri Aug 24. You order and pay online and your shirt is mailed to you. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland

One of those passes on the way there is 11,000'+. Ron and I were running about 75mph uphill and started going sideways. wacko.gif

bkrantz
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 18 2020, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 18 2020, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 18 2020, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Aug 18 2020, 12:36 PM) *

that doesn't sound too comfortable for a multi-day drive... bummer.

You are correct. happy11.gif

Brant - here is one way to do it.
  1. Remove your existing valance
  2. Install the valance that needs to be in Durango
  3. Drive to Durango
  4. Remove valance
  5. Drive home without a valance
Dare ya!

biggrin.gif

I doubt he wants the bug splatter...

plus... too hard to pull the bumpers to get the valance off.
he may need to come to Longmont in the future if no one has room.
brant

Brant, if it does not work easily for you, then no worries. We will figure out another way.
stevend914
I have decided to cancel all my travel plans for the remainder of the year, which includes Red Rocks Classic 2020. Hopefully my travel plans will return to normal in 2021 - although Texas Hill Country Rallye has already been canceled.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Aug 19 2020, 08:56 PM) *

Brant, if it does not work easily for you, then no worries. We will figure out another way.

I wish I had known this when I was up at Brant's bringing the Fuchs home - but this deal might have happened after my trip.
bkrantz
Mike, about a week too late for your dash to Denver. But let me know if you go again.
AZ914
Yikes, 2 weeks! I better start working on the car wink.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 28 2020, 12:27 PM) *

Yikes, 2 weeks! I better start working on the car wink.gif

Yeah, Jason... work on your car!!! beer.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Madswede
Hey everyone! bye1.gif Kind of a random post to say "hello" and "I'm not dead" and "I still own my 914 RS lite that Joe O'Brien built but it's not running and I don't have any vacation yet in my new job." unsure.gif I guess I've said it all, then.

No wait! Have fun everyone! Someday, somewhere, I'll get this Phoenix going again. It's still sooo pretty. shades.gif Seriously, have fun and be safe folks! Or not, whatever your plans are! I will look for the pictures thread as the event unfolds!

- Nelson
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Aug 28 2020, 07:32 PM) *

Hey everyone! bye1.gif Kind of a random post to say "hello" and "I'm not dead" and "I still own my 914 RS lite that Joe O'Brien built but it's not running and I don't have any vacation yet in my new job." unsure.gif I guess I've said it all, then.

No wait! Have fun everyone! Someday, somewhere, I'll get this Phoenix going again. It's still sooo pretty. shades.gif Seriously, have fun and be safe folks! Or not, whatever your plans are! I will look for the pictures thread as the event unfolds!

- Nelson

Hi Jon,

You will be missed! And we are glad you are not dead.
JRust
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 28 2020, 06:54 PM) *

Hi Jon,

Agreed! Man time flies. I am so excited to come. Although hanging with you all is second to my overall reason for my trip. Picture of my new grandson Callan who was born today. I get to see him next weekend & am beyond excited.

Then to top off my my week I get to hang out you all. Going to be a great weekend
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 28 2020, 08:19 PM) *

Agreed! Man time flies. I am so excited to come. Although hanging with you all is second to my overall reason for my trip. Picture of my new grandson Callan who was born today. I get to see him next weekend & am beyond excited.

Then to top off my my week I get to hang out you all. Going to be a great weekend

Congratulations Jamie!

Your life has just changed for the better - forever!
mgp4591

Hi Jon,

Congratulations Grandpa!! biggrin.gif
SharonG
Hi Jon,
I am so excited to come. Although hanging with you all is second to my overall reason for my trip. Picture of my new grandson Callan who was born today. I get to see him next weekend & am beyond excited.

Hi Jon! What Mike said. biggrin.gif
Congratulations, Jamie! Super cute grandbaby. wub.gif
brant
Jon
Miss you
Definitely need to get the car running!

JRust. Congrats
That is great!!

brant
Checking one more thing me

Is anyone going back through vegas?
SharonG
Hey Folks, I updated Post #1 with this information:

Please let me know if you plan to do your own thing in place of the organized food/meals, and let me know if there are attendance changes.

Thurs Sep 10 Montrose, CO, Red Arrow Inn & Suites, 1702 E Main St, Montrose, CO 81401, 970-249-9641. Dinner 6:30pm at Horsefly Brewing patio, 826 E Main St, Montrose, followed by shenanigans.

Fri Sep 11, drive to Durango. There won't be an organized lunch so BYOL. We'll stop in Silverton for around an hour if you want to find lunch there.

Fri-Sun Sep 11-13 Durango, CO, Caboose Motel, 3363 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301, 970-946-2518 ask for Maureen (if she doesn't answer, leave a message for Porsche 914 group and she'll call back)

Fri Sep 11, 5pm dinner at James Ranch Grill in their outdoor under tent seating, 33846 US-550, Durango, followed by shenanigan-agains

Sat Sep 12 drive is probably this. We'll have "lunch snacks" like chips, apples, veggies and cookies.
Click to view attachment

Sat Sep 12 dinner BBQ at Moorman’s (We ❤️ Moormans) followed by she-nanigans.

Sun Sep 13 Hasta la bye-bye. bye1.gif drunk.gif
76-914
Congratulations Jamie. biggrin.gif
SharonG
Folks attending RRC 2020, important question from our Moorman’s - Beef, sausage or turkey. They’re getting invividual meals for the Sat BBQ. Please IM me. You can also bring your own to grill if you prefer. And BYOB if you want something specific. drunk.gif
76-914
beef, pls
SharonG
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 29 2020, 04:55 PM) *

Folks attending RRC 2020, important question from our Moorman’s - Beef, sausage or turkey. They’re getting invividual meals for the Sat BBQ. Please IM me. You can also bring your own to grill if you prefer. And BYOB if you want something specific. drunk.gif

Please send this info by Wed Sep 2. cheer.gif
JRust
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 30 2020, 02:45 PM) *

Beef works & I am bringing my daughter Kiana for the whole weekend as well Sharon
SharonG
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 30 2020, 09:17 PM) *

Beef works & I am bringing my daughter Kiana for the whole weekend as well Sharon

Beef for Kiana, too?
JRust
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 31 2020, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 30 2020, 09:17 PM) *

Beef for Kiana, too?

Yes please
SharonG
@eric_shea
@jamesm

BBQ choice?
SharonG
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 2 2020, 07:01 PM) *

@eric_shea
@jamesm

BBQ choice?

Oops! Sent that too fast yesterday...
Also need BBQ choice from:

@914Toy
@914Subaru
Ferg
Training this weekend
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 5 2020, 02:00 PM) *

Training this weekend

I think I have heard stories about that particular event... lol-2.gif
Tonyooc
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 5 2020, 03:00 PM) *

Training this weekend

I was practicing today too..... beerchug.gif
JRust
About 7 hours into the first leg of my tour.
mightyohm
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 5 2020, 01:00 PM) *

Training this weekend

I was there! I don't remember anything too crazy, but we're probably beyond the statute of limitations now anyway. I do remember replacing the input shaft bearing on Fiid's car in Eric Shea's garage. Fastest transmission R&R I've ever seen.
Miss you guys, hope to make it to another event someday!
rhodyguy
Heads up. Your hot road grippy tires might not be so grippy if the weather doesn't co-operate. dry.gif
Kansas 914
Durango Weather Forecast

Click to view attachment
76-914
Completed my pre-drive checklist this AM and ready to roll mañana. See ya'll Thursday. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Gint
Ok, that works. Image uploader is active. Just email picture(s) to rrc@914world.com
IPB Image
SharonG
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 8 2020, 07:31 PM) *

Ok, that works. Image uploader is active. Just email picture(s) to rrc@914world.com
IPB Image

Thanks Sweetie! wub.gif
Ferg
Packed. That was easy
SharonG
And added Moorman address to post #1 for Sat BBQ (with Moorman permission). chowtime.gif beerchug.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 8 2020, 06:44 PM) *
Packed. That was easy

No blue tape?
Ferg
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 8 2020, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 8 2020, 06:44 PM) *
Packed. That was easy

No blue tape?

I went higher tech. Roll on temporary clear bra
sixnotfour
OMG
JRust
Hey bring some of that. I haven't seen that before & am curious about it. Have you used it before Ferg? How easy does it come off? Might use some for the ride home
914Subaru
Seth and I are in route from Duluth MN and made it to Mitchell, SD today. Tomorrow Estes Park then to Montrose. I heard there may have gotten some snow in Estes Park, will the roads be okay? Thanks Ross
Click to view attachment
Ferg
The roll on stuff is road warrior plus comes off with with power wash

Estes roads should be wet by mid day. Passes may be iffy.
Live Event Uploader
=?UTF-8?Q?Y=E2=80=99all_are_already_late=2E_Rolling_with_my_homies_in_?= =?UTF-8?Q?Durango=2E?=

IPB Image

Gint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 8 2020, 08:08 PM) *

The roll on stuff is road warrior plus comes off with with power wash

Estes roads should be wet by mid day. Passes may be iffy.

Yeah, it's anybody's guess. Tomorrow before noon, iffy for sure.
Tonyooc
Ready to get out of the California snow (ashes) from the fires. Leaving in the morning. Wooohoo.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 8 2020, 09:28 PM) *

=?UTF-8?Q?Y=E2=80=99all_are_already_late=2E_Rolling_with_my_homies_in_?= =?UTF-8?Q?Durango=2E?=

Translation: Y'all are already late. Rollin with my homies in Durango. smile.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 9 2020, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 8 2020, 09:28 PM) *

Translation: Y'all are already late. Rollin with my homies in Durango. smile.gif

Thanks Mike!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.