Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 can't seem to find a home.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Porsche Rescue will recognize this 6. Jim didn't even get a mention in the LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG description of this green six on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW
CCLINEBAYORMYWAY
skline
Looking at the reciepts, John Otto used to be the owner of this car and he didnt get a mention either. Wonder who did all the modifications to it??
boxstr
The really funny thing is it still has the Oregon plates on the car. Jim will get a laugh out of this one. Last time it was on ebay the seller used the same pics Jim had used. I emaied the auction to Jim . He should chim ein soon.
CCLINBUYITNOW
drgchapman
That car is how I met Jim. Missed it by 20 minutes. Boy, the price is quite a bit higher now. I think he originally paid Jim $11,000. I drove Jim's /6 yesterday from the historics to home. Must say the /4 drives nicer, is quieter........doesn't sound as cool though.
Porsche Rescue
Seller is a lot more proud of that car than I was. If it goes for anywhere near $18 Ida is worth $25!!!!

I sold for $12 to a fellow in So.CA. He had me deliver to his brother-in-law here. Don't think it ever went south, but sold to the CO owner on Ebay a few months later. I got it on Ebay from SoCA. Plates are the ones I installed. Small world. Craig, Gary and I all use Stuttgart Autotech when things are beyond our DIY capabilities.

Gary, now you know why I suggested a 4 for Pamela back when you two came to see the green six.
Allan
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jul 9 2005, 09:16 AM)
Seller is a lot more proud of that car than I was. If it goes for anywhere near $18 Ida is worth $25!!!!

Did you own it before or after the motor was rebuilt?
Porsche Rescue
Look closely at the Stockdale invoice, dated 1983. I owned car in 2004.
Allan
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jul 9 2005, 09:42 AM)
Look closely at the Stockdale invoice, dated 1983. I owned car in 2004.

Was it a good rebuild? Only reason I'm asking is that I know the guy who owns Stockdale.
Eric_Shea
Wasn't the owner on the list here a few months back all bragity about the mint six he just bought? Doesn't this have big AC holes in it? confused24.gif

drgchapman
Yeah, it has a/c holes in it from the dealer install. Picture of patch is OK?

Gary
neo914-6
Jim,

$11k seems like a smokin deal on an original -6. Why so cheap?
TravisNeff
AC holes? I dunno. my 73 tub had AC and that was a huge hole in the front trunk. I think it was a front oil cooler and GT shroud with the hole in the floor for the vent. As well with the rear looks more like an access panel to set the timing.
Porsche Rescue
Allan, I know nothing of the rebuild except what is on the invoice. I did talk to a former owner when I owned the car and he said it was "hopped up" a bit. Since the invoice is 20 years old it is not exactly a "fresh" engine. It would have 100K on it at 5000 per year.

Eric, I think you remember correctly.

Felix, here is the $ history I know. I won an Ebay auction at $10900 in July, '03 (paid $500 to ship to Portland from So. Cal)
When I got the car I discovered it had inoperable AC which was a real disappointment. It was my fault as I didn't ask, however the seller did not disclose in the auction ad or when we spoke on the phone during the auction. I emailed him and politely complained. He asked "what would make it right" and I said $500. He sent me a check (see there are good guys on Ebay, he could have told me to shove it).
I removed the AC pieces and all the plumbing. It also had an oil cooler with the AC condenser in the front trunk, AC plumbing in one rocker and oil lines in the other. I removed all of it . There was a notch cut in the firewall for the compressor.
It came to me with a reupholstered interior in a two-tone brown "pinto-like" vinyl. I found a very nice stock interior from a '70 914-4 roller and swapped the seats, door panels and back pad. I later found some un-cut early panels but did not install them.
In March of '04 I put it on Ebay and ended the auction when I received an offer of $12000. I had about that much in the car by then. In fall/winter (can't remember) of '04 it was back on Ebay and sold for $14+. Seller used all my pictures. I think he might have repaired the firewall. I did a pretty crude job on the trunk floor and under the dash where AC hoses entered the cabin ( I don't weld). Since it sounds like the current owner spent at least $4K more, he only gets his money back at the "buy it now" of $18.
Bottom line is that all 914's, and especially sixes, have dramatically appreciated in the last couple of years.

This is not a bad car, at least it wasn't in '04 when I owned it. It ran well, had a correct engine and tailshifter. The wheels are (or were) replica Fuchs but fooled me until I looked for part numbers and the fox face. There is no serious rust that I could see. It spent a lot of its life in the desert northeast of LA (Visalia/Bakersfield). The paint is OK and the interior is well above average. I will enjoy watching the auction for the fourth time in 2 years. At least this seller did not use my pictures!

PS Ida is "concours" by comparison!
Porsche Rescue
Here's one from my Ebay auction in '04.
Porsche Rescue
License plate look familiar?
rhodyguy
irish green wub.gif . quite a few were painted red or white in the 70's-80's because "that's what color porsches shoud be". rolleyes.gif sad.gif

k
Porsche Rescue
Auction just ended with "buy it now" at $18K. I gotta learn to write better ad copy!
Eric_Shea
Either that or... the right guy got the right car at the right price a few months back wink.gif

I get first right of refusal.

E.
Porsche Rescue
Eric,
I suspect you are right. Not anywhere near ready to sell Ida. Way too much fun to drive. Just returned from a trip to the Portland Historic Races with her. She turns a lot of heads, as I'm sure you know.
As I turned into the gate at PIR what should I see behind me but a yellow 914-6. His yellow did not look like mine, more like a later 914 shade. I hoped he would follow me to the parking area so we could talk, but he went his own way.
Dead Air
ohmy.gif
Blah, blah blah blah blah
get over it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.