Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: that '70s show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
I posted these last month on the "Garage" Forum, but should have posted them here because these photos are indeed history.

The photos are from Cincinnati, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Natural Bridge Kentucky, and the Great Smokey Mountains.
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and a few more from a Cincinnati PCA autocross and PCA picnic
dereknlee
Thanks for sharing. Fair number of steel wheels and hub caps. That look is growing on me.

-Derek
wonkipop
the photos are gold.
un-customized 914s in their zeitgeist - just post moon landings.

thanks for posting them.

1970 Neun vierzehn
Now a few more, but from 1978......
1970 Neun vierzehn
....and some more pics from the '70s
dt4
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 24 2020, 07:28 PM) *

I like the colour of the car at the front in the middle picture, what colour is that?
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jul 24 2020, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 24 2020, 07:28 PM) *

I like the colour of the car at the front in the middle picture, what colour is that?

I am guessing here, but that color could be "Gold Metallic"/color code 88 for a 914/6.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and some more (autocross circa 1978)
1970 Neun vierzehn
Right after this autocross in late summer 1978, as I was backing into our garage, the passengers side rear console broke. Shortly thereafter, a PCA friend and I trailered
my 914 up to Stoddard P+A in Cleveland for the repair. In Cincinnati that year, neither of the two PORSCHE dealers had a clue as to how to fix and correctly align the rear end of a 914.
Racer
Great pics. Looks like the 1978 Aspen PCA Parade? We were there too. I was a kid. Met Peter Porsche though. My parents competed in the Parade that year with our 914/6. Most of our pics are on slides.. somewhere....
falcor75
Yikes, you guys were driving 914's when I had about stopped wearing diapers. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.