Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 Narp SPORT MODE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ValcoOscar
My Narp 914 SPORT MODE

Has this been done before?

Per Google: (Porsche Sport Mode)

SPORT MODE: The 'SPORT' mode is your perfect driving mode for more spirited drives through backroads or canyon passes. When selected, throttle response and shifts are sharper, the suspension is stiffer, sport exhaust valves will open, and dynamic engine mounts will engage.

My Narp 914 version:

SPORT MODE: The 'SPORT' mode is your perfect driving mode for more spirited drives through backroads or canyon passes. When selected, throttle response and shifts are sharper, the suspension is stiffer, Dual sport exhaust valves can be opened from 0 to 100% with a flip of a dash switch. and dynamic engine mounts will engage.

I installed this on Chucky (LS V8 powered) last weekend. YIKES…It worked!!! beerchug.gif

I get to road test it tomorrow. Now, Chucky can live up to his split personality. calvin.gif / cool.gif

It took me an entire day to install and fab up brackets, plus the wiring. I only had .045 weld wire at home so not the prettiest, but sound. biggrin.gif Sometimes I wish I had four hands. All deburred, may ceramic coat later. It’s also using a different ECU tune in Sport mode.

I plan to update to Holley Terminator ECU and harness after paint later this summer.

Wife said, Why? confused24.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
wow! it will be nice to see it tomorrow running on the twisties! I can be in Oscar’s tale during the drive!
sb914
It will sound like a nascar! Got video ?
sb914
Nice and dry under there .
Andyrew
Love it!!!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 5 2020, 08:53 AM) *

Maybe I can get a victim HELPER to help with a small video tomorrow.

Oscar
mmichalik
That is super clean, Oscar. Well done as always.
Maltese Falcon
Cable "Open header" cutouts first innovated in the 1960's by one of my mentors Doug Thorley. He started putting 12v solenoids on them in the early '80s. Lots to be said about how adaptive the OE and aftermarket mfgs have integrated these into all sorts of modes via modern electronics.
This should be killer Oscar aktion035.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 5 2020, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 5 2020, 08:53 AM) *

Maybe I can get a victim HELPER to help with a small video tomorrow.

Oscar

I was planing to bring a crew out to shoot some cool video, But last min stuff sucks.

jrblackbox
You could tell that that car is NARP as there isn't a drop of oil anywhere to be seen!
biggrin.gif
johnhora
Oh good lord Oscar...I love it!
I know it's not close ... but drive by my house and I will take a video smile.gif
makes me think of the old days when we put cut outs on the old 55 Ford V8 with dual exhaust
had to get under the car to flip open but hey I love your electric flaps
please please make a video smile.gif
Krieger
Sweet! That looks really good Oscar! I can't wait to hear it! How about some in car audio too? aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 5 2020, 01:00 PM) *

Sweet! That looks really good Oscar! I can't wait to hear it! How about some in car audio too? aktion035.gif

No car audio planned...in Prius mode you can easily hold a conversation with top off...in Chucky (Sport) mode use sign language to communicate with passenger.

Best of both worlds.

Next, after paint..hidden AC & Heat using existing dash vents.

Oscar
johnlush
Looks great - look forward to the video. Should send the pedestrians running for cover! A flamethrower would be a nice touch too... boom.gif
Larmo63
One mode for talking about driving, Porsches, and engines.

The other mode for when your gf/wife starts talking about Hair, nails, and what's for dinner
76-914
I can remember JC Whitney sold those that were cable operated. Open and close them while sitting at a long stop light. Make the other drivers think they're going crazy. blink.gif Your car looks great Oscar. beerchug.gif
911GT2
We need a video man! Looks awesome. This off course can also be done on a 4 banger... idea.gif
ValcoOscar
Bruce Stone was my co-pilot for most of the drive yesterday. Couldn't take a decent video. @914_7t3 got to see and hear Chucky up close but no video. I will upload one later.

Prius MODE

Chucky MODE

Both serve their purpose.... beer3.gif

Oscar
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 7 2020, 02:43 PM) *

Bruce Stone was my co-pilot for most of the drive yesterday. Couldn't take a decent video. @914_7t3 got to see and hear Chucky up close but no video. I will upload one later.

Prius MODE

Chucky MODE

Both serve their purpose.... beer3.gif

Oscar

Loving this concept...
ValcoOscar
Chucky got lipstick today....with luck I can make WCR 2020 in November.

My high-school friend who owns the paint shop promised 2-3 week turnaround , but at 6 weeks now. I guess I'm fortunate.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Beautiful. What color? Is that Malaga?
Nacho
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Dec 7 2013, 05:35 PM) *

is it salvageable?

otherwise you may need to buy new anyway.
http://914rubber.com/

if it is like engine bay rubber, it may need to be slid in/out thru the channel?

Looking good Oscar aktion035.gif Hopefully I can make it to WCR this year as well.

-Nacho
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 2 2020, 08:27 PM) *

Beautiful. What color? Is that Malaga?

Thx Len,

Since it's a NARP I mixed a custom dark red wine color.

Note that I welded up targa trim sections.

Entire targa section from b pillers to top will be painted black. Also, dechroming inner/outer door handles. Powdercoated them satin black last week.

Sorry purists wacko.gif

Oscar
djway
Any Cop will tell you that your color makes you guilty wink.gif
Cairo94507
Can't wait to see it. beerchug.gif
sb914
The red ones are the fastest.!!!!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 2 2020, 11:19 PM) *

Chucky got lipstick today....with luck I can make WCR 2020 in November.

My high-school friend who owns the paint shop promised 2-3 week turnaround , but at 6 weeks now. I guess I'm fortunate.

Oscar

Click to view attachment

man that color is awesome! one of one, very unique. i am sure that would look great with theblack trim, Will the sail panel trim get the blacked out treatment too? what brand paint did you use and how many coats of base/clear? some how i had not seen this post before and missed the addition of your exhaust "sport mode" upgrade! too bad you cant bring it east, would love to see/hear that thing in person! #okteenerfest(maybe next year)?

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 3 2020, 08:07 AM) *

The red ones are the fastest.!!!!

agree.gif

Krieger
Purty!
914_7T3
Now you’re talking! Frighteningly Beautiful!

smilie_pokal.gif
tygaboy
@ValcoOscar - You MUST have it done and up here for WCR 2020! I've reserved a parking spot for you at the Red Barn...
markhoward
Paint came out great, Oscar! Have to bring that to WCR for sure!! happy11.gif
76-914
That looks great Oscar. Like that delete of the sail panel flange. beerchug.gif
ahycaramba
Wow! It's already a contender for COTM. Congratulations My friend. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Sep 3 2020, 04:49 PM) *

Wow! It's already a contender for COTM. Congratulations My friend. beerchug.gif

Oh NO...but thx.

Just a fun NARP...AC next.

Oscar
ahycaramba
Nice!!! Gotta have cold AC with this crazy Heat. Interested to know what you are going to go with for HVAC system. Will your setup also have a heater too? Any brand in particular like Vintage air mini unit with heater core and evaporator all in one or will it be custom built? welder.gif
ValcoOscar
Powercoated the rims:

Pressure washed and Beadblasted with #8 glass first.

1.5 lbs of Gloss Black 20min @ 360deg

1 lb of Gun Metal Gray 30min @ 375deg

Powder sourced from the Powder Coat store.

16 hrs of prep, filled in minor imperfections with Lab Metal.

beerchug.gif

Chucky is making progress but not sure in time for WCR.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

AC install may end up being a winter project sad.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
@ValcoOscar Those wheels look crazy! That is going to be one great looking 914. I hope you get it together for WCR. I look forward to seeing you and your car. Any of the other LA area guys going to come up with you? That would be a cool caravan. beerchug.gif
wes
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 7 2020, 03:12 PM) *

Powercoated the rims:

1.5 lbs of Gloss Black 20min @ 360deg

1 lb of Gun Metal Gray 30min @ 375deg

Powder sourced from the Powder Coat store.

16 hrs of prep, filled in minor imperfections with Lab Metal.

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

first.gif Wow like the wheels.
ndfrigi
amazing and it will really look a beautiful beast!
ahycaramba
Just one word.... Fancy!!!!

I can't wait to see it complete.

Enjoy my friend. beerchug.gif
Gint
Nice! Love the wheels. Especially that gun metal powder. I used something a lot like that that on a full 914 suspension once.
gonzo54
Oscar, Looking Good!!-Can't wait to see the wheels and tires on the car-
914-300Hemi
Oscar,
That looks amazing.
914Toy
Waiting for the video
beerchug.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 7 2020, 03:12 PM) *

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Looks Fuch'n amazing! Don't worry I'll be there to help with the reassembly and I'll bring my tools.... smash.gif
Coondog
Very impressive build. Hope u can make the WCR
911GT2
This looks awesome mate! beerchug.gif
eric9144
Wooooooooooooow @ValcoOscar that is "outside the box" in all the right ways wub.gif
Andyrew
Hot DAMN those are some good looking wheels Oscar!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.