Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I saw a blue(maybe black as I am color blind) and yellow 914 heading south on 92nd street just south of Cactus this morning. Anyone know the car? It looked really nice from where I was sitting. I haven't seen the car around here before.
jasons
I've never seen that one. I did see a yellow one with 916 bumpers, no sail panel vinyl. It might be the one that is or was in the autotrader. This was around Cactus and 32nd st.

Incidentally, I sold my driver last weekend. Now its time to start working on my other one.
TravisNeff
Jason, what is the plan on the next car? Looks like I have a lot of free time on my hands for a little while and would love to lend you a hand if you like.
Trevorg7
Ok, a bit OT...it wasn't me but I have an open invitation to move my group to our PHX office. I love the desert, heat, and golf seems like a fit. Selling the family is a differnt story.

What is the living like? I have kids, 8 and 6. Thoughts. We have visited and love Scottsdale.

Let me know, thx.

Trevor
jasons
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jul 9 2005, 06:29 PM)
Jason, what is the plan on the next car? Looks like I have a lot of free time on my hands for a little while and would love to lend you a hand if you like.

Street racer. I have almost all the pieces for a 2270 motor I have been collecting for more years than I ever thought it would take. So thats on the agenda. I want to do flares, rivetted no bondo cause I like the look. No interior pieces thats aren't necessary. Basically a boy-racer car with simplicity and budget as the motivation. Also, I want it to be vintage rallye style. Come by some time and I will show you the "canvas".

Right now the car has a 2L motor in it that needs to get dropped. After that comes disassembly. I want to build a cart or something to put the chassis on. Next rust repair sad.gif Its got some typical 914 rust. After rust, body and paint which I will probably do myself.
jasons
QUOTE (Trevog7 @ Jul 9 2005, 10:07 PM)
Ok, a bit OT...it wasn't me but I have an open invitation to move my group to our PHX office. I love the desert, heat, and golf seems like a fit. Selling the family is a differnt story.

What is the living like? I have kids, 8 and 6. Thoughts. We have visited and love Scottsdale.

Let me know, thx.

Trevor

You know thats a tough question to answer really. I guess it depends on where you are coming from and such. I think in general, its a great place to live.

As far as kids go, can't you just move the X-Box or whatever and won't they follow it like a donkey and a carrot?
MoveQik
QUOTE (Trevog7 @ Jul 9 2005, 10:07 PM)

Let me know, thx.

Trevor

Don't get me started! I think this has to be one of the greatest places in the country to live. As you can tell from my signature, I am a realtor. Currently I am working with a company that is relocating several employees. As each one of them comes out to check out the area, they all leave saying the same thing...they can't get over what a great place it is here.

The living is great in Phoenix. Of course, I'm a little partial to Scottsdale! beerchug.gif Have your family call me...I'm like a walking commercial for Arizona.

What line of work are you in?
Trevorg7
I am Analyst. I manage a group of 5 folks that do data mining, file transferring, reporting, etc. We are more hybrids in skill set than anything specific. I work for WageWorks (wageworks.com) and we are a benefit administrator. We opened an office in Phoenix last August. I went down there, from the SF bay area, for the opening and looked at houses. It nice for sure and the thought of selling here and buying a $400k house outright there is intriguing. The hard part would be pulling the kids from school and away from friends. Thanks for the info. If we move, you'll have to sell me a house.
MoveQik
QUOTE (Trevog7 @ Jul 10 2005, 07:21 AM)
If we move, you'll have to sell me a house.

smilie_pokal.gif

We can pile your whole family into my 914 and go out house hunting. It'll be great.
MoveQik
Ok...I saw it again. I have to assume this guys lives a block or two away from me. He was pulling out of the neighborhood across the street. I got a better look at it today. It is dark blue with a yellow stripe on the hood and yellow rockers. It looked like the fenders were flared(more like rolled) as well. Of course I am never in my 914 when I see him, nor am I in a spot that I can get his attention.
MarkG
I left San Jose 12 years ago to move to Colorado; I enjoyed San Jose so much I've never been back to vist....nor will I. Moving to Scottsdale form San Jo would be a no brainer for me (as it was moving to Colorado). The straw that broke the Camel's back for me was when I was passed over for as promotion (working in law enforcement) because I couldn't speak Cambodian.

I grew up in New Mexico, have cousins in Scottsdale, it looks like I will be leaving HP mid-October, and since I hate winters will be relocating myself, with Scottsdale/Phoenix, Tucson and Vegas on my short list of places to start my new "would you like to super-size that order?" job, with Vegas first choice.

Wild 6
The Phoenix Metro Area is a great place to live. The schools very widely, so you may want to do some research before choosing a home.

It is very hot in the summer and truly a paradise in the winter.

If you are into the Porsche Club, we have 5 autocrosses and two DEs scheduled for this Fall.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.