Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reliable and Experienced Mechanic in San Antonio TX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
logica
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a reliable and experienced mechanic in the San Antonio area to troubleshoot and fix my fuel-injected '74 914 2.0
Betty
welcome.png

Clay and I can tell you all of the places to take a car in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, but we're not familiar with the San Antonio shops.

And by the way... everybody here loves pictures if you'd care to share any of your car? cheer.gif aktion035.gif
914Sixer
Jones Brothers was the last independent shop left. Pretty sure he closed the shop. He offered all his 914 stuff to me back in 2017. AVOID the Buggy Shop, a VW repair shop. $$$ royal screwing.
Maltese Falcon
Nearby in Austin, Targa Porsche Work Shop...this is a long-time established independent Porsche biz. www.TPWSinc.com
Give them a shout ยก
logica
Thanks, everyone who replied. I found a person on this site that is looking at the car. I am hoping the experience is good and will update everyone after the car comes back from the shop.

As for pictures, I added one to my profile. I am not known for taking lots of pictures - will make an effort to take a few more in the future and post them here.

Jmkorfha
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 7 2020, 09:49 AM) *

Jones Brothers was the last independent shop left. Pretty sure he closed the shop. He offered all his 914 stuff to me back in 2017. AVOID the Buggy Shop, a VW repair shop. $$$ royal screwing.

Interesting how the shop that charges is still in business but the economical shop is closed.
Hmmm.
If we keep ridiculing capitalists for charging money for their skills, they will quit.
914Sixer
The Jones Brothers were in their mid 70's. One brother died and the other brothers wife died all with in the same year. That's why the shop closed. NOTHING to do with the service they provided. They were avid racers and even owned Indy cars n the 1960's.
Jmkorfha
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 5 2020, 12:42 PM) *

The Jones Brothers were in their mid 70's. One brother died and the other brothers wife died all with in the same year. That's why the shop closed. NOTHING to do with the service they provided. They were avid racers and even owned Indy cars n the 1960's.

Most profitable businesses get sold when the founders retire.
The original comment seemed to insinuate that charging $$$ was somehow bad.
Perhaps I misinterpreted.
Jim C
Are we talking Jones Autowerks or some other Joneses?
CMONNETT
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 5 2020, 12:42 PM) *

The name of the shop is Jones Autowerks in San Antonio and they are still open. It was a father & son shop. The father Bill died a year or two ago, but Bob the son is still there and open. I sell them parts weekly. They still do a lot of 914 work.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.