Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PDX teeners - Event ! SAT JUNE 13th $30 road rally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Warpig was planning on doing this and thought this may be a good place to bring out a 914 turn out. It's a Cascade Sports Car Club event that's open to all, $20 if you are already a member.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cscc-2...lub-road-188714

The event is at 10:01 AM at the Lowes' parking lot in Milwaukie. Thinking we meet up at 9:30? and make a section for 914's .

Who's in?
Mikey914
I signed up an it looks like if you sign up in advance and create an account (there was no charge), you can register at the member rate. I did ask if this was correct, but if it is you save $10.

tvdinnerbythepool
I MAY be able to come....
MPS is half rebuilt. If I get the car running and I feel confident about it I'll head down for sure. May come down in another car if I can't get the 914 going. The Maverick is running like a champ!
warpig
Registration ends in 3 days on June 10, 2020 11:59 PM PDT

There is also an app to download to do all the timing/routing stuff for you and keep everyone socially distant
http://www.cascadegeargrinders.org/Files/C...nstructions.pdf
I downloaded it but couldn't get it to work. I will try it again later. headbang.gif

I was looking at the other competitors and so far automotively, it looks pretty boring.
I think a fistful of 914's would do them good happy11.gif

EDIT--- OK I figured out why the app didn't work. Location and maybe storage permissions need to be turned on before the app will start. I was getting a shutdown note for the app every time I started it and it would close. Turned on permissions and it started. Enjoy
PanelBilly
Looks like fun. My speedometer isn't working, so no odometer. Do you think I could use the GPS odo instead?
Mikey914
I think the App ties into your phone and that tracks you for the times. I'm regstered and waiting. Thinking I'm taking a navigator with me.
raynekat
I'd likely show up just to see everyone off....won't do the event though. I'd bring my six conversion.
PanelBilly
Rain on Saturday sunny Sunday. Hopefully the front will move faster
cary
I'm laying in a motel room in Enterprise awaiting the
start of my 75 mile backpack tomorrow.
Julie and I did one a couple years ago. Your in for a hoot.
ben*james
Oh man, I wish I could make it. Still not sure if mine will be off the lift yet on Saturday but regardless I'm out of town. Damn. Would be fun and close to home.
I just contacted the drive in on 99. No group events this year.. bummer.
JRust
I signed in as a member then registered for $20. I am excited although I hope to have my Speedometer working. Guess I need to find a navigator. Preferably one who isn't as fat as me evilgrin.gif .
warpig
Okay, I have not used a checkpoint app on any of the Time/Distance Rallying I have never done before. But I have been wanting to do it forever.
So I went online to see how it works.
This is all I found. dry.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvq7hUv2zA0
It appears that it just beeps and tells you how you did when you pass a checkpoint and then what the next checkpoint is,
Seems simple enough and my navigator is app proficient so this should be a fun learning adventure. piratenanner.gif
Hope to see lot's of you PDX Teeners out there. driving.gif
JRust
I just got an email stating I need to get them all my navigators info to register. I won't get anything until then. So guess I need to get off my butt & lock in my navigator
warpig
Well that was interesting. Pouring rain but really fun.
Turns out Mrs. Warpig is a top notch navigator too. KMA.gif
Two 914's made it this time. Mark and Scott of our favorite place (914 Rubber) were showing off the water repellency of their products. pray.gif
Guess who didn't finish last. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Lots of water, good news is I know the seals are installed properly and it's as water tight as they get!
Stopped at a covered Bridge and mill. Was pretty fun. My 1st rally where you had to cross check points at a specific time, I wanted to go faster so that was hard. Also the secret decoder for how the directions was coded was not evident and we got off course 2x.

I did check my voicemail and I actually had a message from one of the organizers letting me know I was off course and offering to help. Unfortunately my cell coverage wasn't great there.

Will be doing more stuff with these guys too. Maybe we can get a few more 914's out next time. Mike found out that one of the members has a 914!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.