Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should there be a plug here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
Should there be a plug or something in this hole. There is another hole on the other side. and is this the routing for the Wiper hose to the tire?

Again thanks for your knowledge.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Not there.
The air hose for 4cyl wipers is on the vertical wall in front of the gas tank.
Low on the passenger side.
ndfrigi
you just need the rectangular shape steering or master cylinder cover underneath.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 7 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Not there.

I know it comes out there but how does it get there? What am I missing?
Matty900
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jun 7 2020, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 7 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Not there.

I know it comes out there but how does it get there? What am I missing?

It looks like you missed a step. It there is a hose that goes from the spare tire to the reservoir for the wiper fluid. Then a hose that goes on the the turn stock and the wipers.
The hole you war looking at is on the reservoir side of the bulkhead. There is another hole on the spare tire side in the lower left corner (if your looking from the front of the car into the fronk. There is a grommet on that side that the hose goes through (also used on a hole on the other side under the gas tank for the wire that goes down to the master cylinder) You can see an illustration (and tge grommet) here https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/hose-grommet
Hope that helps
914Sixer
That is an alignment hole for the welding jig when car was built.
bbrock
I'm confused because I believe that hose is routed correctly. The hole through the bulkhead through the lower passenger's side to the spare tire enters into that box section so the hose has to route up through the top to get to the washer bottle. I have the grommet Matty900 linked on the bulkhead but nothing where the holes enters into the box section and thought that was weird. Now that I think about it, I wonder if they had some of that white plastic caterpillar grommet stuff in that hole. I agree it needs protection. I just wish I'd thought about the caterpillar stuff BEFORE I put the fuel tank back in. headbang.gif
Mikey914
To be clear this is the grommet you need and this is the hole it starts in
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 8 2020, 08:17 AM) *

To be clear this is the grommet you need and this is the hole it starts in

Thanks, I ordered that one.

I was curious about the routing up to the washer bottle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.