Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Seats - Original?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
unvinrougesvp
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first-time post. Can the experts opine on the cloth seat inserts for this 72 1.7 and let me know if Porsche ever offered this pattern? From all the research I have conducted, a 72 car either had the basketweave vinyl or the corduroy. When I look closely at the way these seats were (re)covered, the inserts look professionally done and not a one-off. Either someone spent a lot of money to have something unique, or this was an option/aftermarket recover kit that is now seldom seen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ted

My Webpage Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Not factory original upholstery.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(unvinrougesvp @ Jun 8 2020, 06:37 AM) *

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first-time post. Can the experts opine on the cloth seat inserts for this 72 1.7 and let me know if Porsche ever offered this pattern? From all the research I have conducted, a 72 car either had the basketweave vinyl or the corduroy. When I look closely at the way these seats were (re)covered, the inserts look professionally done and not a one-off. Either someone spent a lot of money to have something unique, or this was an option/aftermarket recover kit that is now seldom seen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ted

nope

My Webpage Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

StarBear
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 8 2020, 09:22 AM) *

Not factory original upholstery.

Never seen that pattern before; agree with Jeff - not on any of his seat pattern charts (though I think 1973 is missing from the assemblage). If a nice job and still holds up, worth keeping as unique.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.