Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got FUCHed on chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
I had my front bumper cut by Ben. In January I dropped off 3 bumpers to be chromed and after 6 months and a lot of “ready to go next weeks” I had enough and said I’ll pick them up ready or not. I’m pretty patient but this guy just pushed me right over the edge. Needless to say the bumpers look like crap they don’t have any chrome on them and he left them outside to rust.

I will ship these anywhere at this point to get them fixed. Paging @valcoOscar

Not looking for a deal. I’m looking for someone with integrity that can do it right. And be fair. I know the previous work may have to be removed.

Anyone? Oscar you up for the challenge?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(BPic @ Jun 8 2020, 03:47 PM) *

I had my front bumper cut by Ben. In January I dropped off 3 bumpers to be chromed and after 6 months and a lot of “ready to go next weeks” I had enough and said I’ll pick them up ready or not. I’m pretty patient but this guy just pushed me right over the edge. Needless to say the bumpers look like crap they don’t have any chrome on them and he left them outside to rust.

I will ship these anywhere at this point to get them fixed. Paging @valcoOscar

Not looking for a deal. I’m looking for someone with integrity that can do it right. And be fair. I know the previous work may have to be removed.

Anyone? Oscar you up for the challenge?

I ACCEPT the challenge. @mb911 & I will not let you down. He's done his part...let me help with chrome. You need that bumper on your car ASAP. PM me

Also, for future reference...DO NOT WELD UP HOLES...too much heat...I have a special method of welding them up without distortion. Bumper mat'l is way thin.

I'll be super fair....I have a few bumpers in process but no GB at this time.

Oscar
wes
Ben and Oscar did mine and I couldn’t be happier, sorry but I’m sure there is a simple answer.
913B
Oscar,
Are you taking any more bumpers for re-chroming? I missed out on your last GB.
I am not in a rush. I can wait for better timing.

Thanks,
Ted
G e o r g e
popcorn[1].gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(913B @ Jun 9 2020, 12:58 AM) *

Oscar,

Thanks,
Ted

I am wondering the same thing, but these group buys are a LOT of work for the people that do them so totally understand if that was a one time thing.
rgalla9146
Me too.
gonzo54
QUOTE(913B @ Jun 8 2020, 10:58 PM) *

Oscar,

Thanks,
Ted

Hi Oscar, I would like to add my bumpers to the list if you decide to do this again. I can deliver and pick up.

Thanks-Rick
mb911
Group buys for this type of thing is almost not manageable.. I am not sure how oscar did it last time..
ValcoOscar
Well, I took on the challenge and boy was it a challenge. Lots of work, lots of visits to chrome shop, lots of repair. Here are before and after photos.

DONE beerchug.gif

Oscar
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=760
133]

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=760
137]

@Bpic

BPic
Holy Crap!!! @Valcooscar Those look amazing!!!! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Thank you so much for this. You certainly went above and beyond and I am forever grateful!!!

Absolutely Stunning!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif To you sir!!
Krieger
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif Oscar comes through again!
Montreal914
Stunning work! drooley.gif

914forme
drooley.gif Great Job
DRPHIL914
WOW!! those are stupendous!! just can’t believe those are the same bumpers. too bad some people can’t learn just to say no- that guy could have just said he was too busy or that he wasn’t up to the task , but in the end i believe you would up WAY better off having these completed by Oscar and his chrome magician!
looking forward to seeing these in your car!
Jett
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Sep 4 2020, 05:36 PM) *

Stunning work! drooley.gif

+1 I thought the bumpers were too far gone.
wes
Click to view attachment This is Oscar’s work/magic and he won’t let you down!
76-914
Good on ya Oscar. thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
Nice save!
Rob-O
This Oscar guy is incredible. What an absolute awesome asset we have with him in our community. Just some of the goodie bags and such I’ve seen him send out, helping out with issues like this, just incredible.

These aren’t even my bumpers and I still feel obliged to say ‘Thanks for all you do for the 914 community, Oscar’!
porschetub
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 5 2020, 02:22 PM) *

WOW!! those are stupendous!! just can’t believe those are the same bumpers. too bad some people can’t learn just to say no- that guy could have just said he was too busy or that he wasn’t up to the task , but in the end i believe you would up WAY better off having these completed by Oscar and his chrome magician!
looking forward to seeing these in your car!

Wow they came out nice well done Oscar for helping,painfully obvious the original guy had no skills in metal finishing,good result.
bobboinski
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 9 2020, 07:08 AM) *

QUOTE(913B @ Jun 8 2020, 10:58 PM) *

Oscar,

Thanks,
Ted

Hi Oscar, I would like to add my bumpers to the list if you decide to do this again. I can deliver and pick up.

Thanks-Rick

I'm in for a redo of my early front bumper...

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.