Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abandoned 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Add biggrin.gif a quart of STP and she'll be good as new.
Big Len
Carvel introduces Sludgy the Engine.
bretth
Isn't that the stuff the black spiderman costume is made from? Looks alive.
Carbon-14
Broke the left rear plug, had to pull the engine.
He has discovered that 914 addiction is entertaining.
In addition to that mellow yellow -14, he also, coincidentally, does VW bus, bug, Ford, Gravely, McCulloch. All the brand names of my loyalty, love, sweat, tears, frustration, money, love. Searching, and finding rust, and the various magic to solve corrosion.
Likely a member here.
porschetub
QUOTE(bretth @ Jun 9 2020, 04:05 PM) *

Isn't that the stuff the black spiderman costume is made from? Looks alive.

lol-2.gif think what results an oil sample would return....something like extremely elevated levels of carbon, severely reduced viscosity rating ,etc etc.
Is VW Darin the guy for this motor ??,think he mentioned a top overhaul ….the bearing in this motor will be screwed.
Did you notice in the engine strip down Darin tried to remove the heads with the heat exchangers on poke.gif .
Anyway good entertainment on TC's garage.
falcor75
Felt like there was 10 quarts coming out of that engine !
Mayne
Ha, this reminds me of an early Honda CRX that I bought for $150 after graduating from college. Woman said it ran but really needed an oil change. My wife and I drove it for about a year (no oil change), and then gifted it to my nephew. He drove it for another year (no oil change), then gifted it to a friend who changed the oil and totaled it the next day. Be careful when you get it running!
bbrock
QUOTE(Carbon-14 @ Jun 8 2020, 10:28 PM) *

Likely a member here.

In his last vid it is clear he doesn't know about any of the vendors for parts so probably not a member, but should be.
rhodyguy
Veek?
76-914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 9 2020, 05:53 AM) *

Veek?

Well it damned sure isn't Ian. Perhaps the most boring, lengthy and "who gives a stromberg.gif " video I've ever seen. yellowsleep[1].gif
Carbon-14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPKe14cj5RI

' I like rusty stuff '
lol
Bleyseng
I don't get the "rip off all this garbage Djet stuff" attitude and slap on some dual carbs... icon8.gif
Cairo94507
I agree. I think going to carburetors is a poor choice. Dial the factory FI in and stay with that unless you are building some kind of high HP motor. In that case, look for a different FI set-up. beerchug.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 12 2020, 02:25 AM) *

I don't get the "rip off all this garbage Djet stuff" attitude and slap on some dual carbs... icon8.gif

agree.gif ,may as well get rid of all that thermostat crap while your at it dry.gif .
Rand
Sounds more like Veekry with every post. Doesn't matter, same camp.
bbrock
There's something compelling about this guy to me. It's strangely fascinating to watch someone completely ignorant about a 914 discover the car for the first time even as you cringe at the things they do. Watching him remove the rear targa trim in the latest episode made me pucker a bit.

Then the comments... I try not to look at youtube comments because it diminishes my already low faith in humanity, but sometimes you can't help yourself. This last one is loaded with comments of what a rust bucket this car is and the whole time watching I'm thinking this guy got off EASY! lol-2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-8Btx8ZwCI
iankarr
What's funny is that he's been watching (at least one of) my videos to make his. LOL. He commented on one a few weeks back...and I subscribed to his channel, but he didn't subscribe back, which is just bad form wink.gif.

I see Brent's point about watching someone discover a 914.

Thanks, Kent for deducing that it wasn't me!
911GT2
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 11 2020, 06:25 AM) *

'Hi tech' is confusing for some...
...the D-jet on mine is a bit of a black box for me too right now, but I want to learn from it, not just rip it off.

In my opinion you can only learn by digging in!
euro911
QUOTE(Carbon-14 @ Jun 8 2020, 06:56 PM) *

Funny to hear the birds laughing in the background when he removed the strainer plate laugh.gif
jaredmcginness
I gotta agree with Brent! I’ve been watching this guy for weeks and I really don’t know why. I keep cringing... I like it though. I’m no expert, but years of lurking really preps you - compared to coming into 914s blind.

I said the same thing, I wish my car had that much rust when I started!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.