Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: radio feed advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
I fitted the radio today but there does not seem to be any wiring in place to provide the live feed
I connected to the switched live (red wire) for the seat belt light and hooked up one of the speakers
everything worked OK until I started up the engine then I had a lot of interference.
Is there a better live to use, one that is supressed?
BPic
You need to go directly to the fuse panel. I used number 9 I believe. It has 2 red and white wires. Red and white is switched on with key. Use a piggy back connector and you’re all set.
914Sixer
Factory harness plugged in to back of lighter. Red is hot and brown is ground. Your alternator may missing RF block. Your plug wires should be shielded. Added Blaupunkt/Bosch information. Most cars never used the shielding kit.
dt4
thank you
Ill check the plug leads and RF block and look at the wiring suggestions
dirk2056
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 10 2020, 01:35 AM) *

thank you
Ill check the plug leads and RF block and look at the wiring suggestions

Does anyone know how to get good RF protection ?? Never had the radio in my car work properly??
914Sixer
I may have a spare alternator filter. Have to look
windforfun
I would put Pi filters in your + power supply lines as close as possible to your deck, crossover, amps, etc. A Pi filter is basically an in-line inductor with capacitors going to ground on either side. The schematic for it sort of looks like the math symbol for Pi or 3.14157...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.