Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I F$&*ing Give Up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Well, at least no fenders seem to be bent.

Yesterday on the way to work, I was at a Left-turn lane, light was green. Cross traffic to turn right onto the same street I was has a stop sign. There was one car ahead of me. A negligent driver did not yeild the right of way, cut off the woman in front of me (2002 mustang). Her car came to a stop immediately. Mine, did not. I plowed right under her rear valence. The woman in the 02 mustang pulls over, as do I. The woman who cut us off ran another stop sign and sped off.

First thing we did was contact the police. I got the fleeing woman's license plate number. We then exchange insurance info and I helped a man whose car was broken down get a triple-A tow home. The CHP officer eventually shows up (1 1/2 hours after calling them) to take statements and open an investigation. He says that it's pretty conclusive. People do this all the time; cause an accident and leave. It's called a "Non-Contact hit and run", meaning they did not obey traffic laws and even though they didn't hit anyone they caused two or more cars to collide. That's how the officer explained it to me.

I don't have Collision and Comprehensive coverage on my car, since it costs too much. The extent of the damage includes (isnt limited to):
-Front passenger's side turn signal lense is broke, bucket looks 'ok'.
-Front hood is scraped up pretty bad, red paint transfer appearant.
-Front shocks feel like they're no longer working.
-Fog lights are busted.

As for damage to the tub, behind the bumper shock mounts and everything hidden by the bumper I don't know. I'll see if I can get the car on a lift monday to check out the suspension and make sure nothing's broke.

I really dont know if I want to keep this car. It seems as though after I put time and effort into it, something else fails or this happens, like my first accident in January: a woman hit me in the side, hence the green door. Im thinking I should just park the teener in the garaged spot at my apartment and get another car. That way I can do one of my million 20-minute projects at a time and not worry about this happeneing so much. As much as I love this car I don't think I can recoupe from these damages for quite some time. I kind of want to just dump it but that'd be screwy.gif, and I do want to make it complete.

My main concern now, is how can I extract the means to repair my car from this woman? I dont have C&C, and I don't want to get screwed. I'm not a mean person, and I'm not a bad person. But if this woman gets caught I'm contemplating finding a lawyer to persue whatever legal paths I can. Is this a good idea? I'm not greedy, I just want to get my car restored.
xsboost90
i say burn her at the stake! sheeplove.gif
xitspd
Why should you pay for her violation of the law! If you are having trouble solving this problem, contact me and I will see what course of action my attorneys recommend. I would be happy to help.

Dan
skline
They need to take her Cell phone away from her. dry.gif

Sorry to hear about your little incident, it happens all the time, people out driving and not paying attention to what they are doing, or they think they are the only ones out there on the road. I had a guy pull out in front of me today and barely miss me and then he had the balls to give me the bird, like I shouldnt have been going down that street. Those of you who know me, can just imagine what I did. I chased the little Fucher down and when I got out of my car to run over to his he punched it and took off, little chickenshit. The more I get older, the more I dislike stupid people. When I am driving, everyone out there is stupid. I need to move to a desert island. wacko.gif
Verruckt
What is the big deal? You have her license plate number. Go to the DMV, get her info, and show up at her house. Explain the situation, and get her insurance info. If she gives you crap, then "find out where she works". Show up there. Sue her, make life difficult etc.

You are nowhere near out of luck in this situation.
redshift
Jees, you really needed this...

Stay on top of it, and get what you deserve.

sad.gif

M
Cap'n Krusty
You'll find out the information you need when they arrest her for hit and run, AKA leaving the scene of an accident. They do, and they will. Cops in our town do it everyday, due mostly to the plethora of undocumented (and uninsured) drivers. Hardly a day goes by without mention of an arrest like this in the local paper. The Cap'n
Dr. Roger
Man,
I'd stay on the cops to make sure action is taken. Either that or take xitspd on his offer to procure legal advice/representation.

If nothing happened to your car and you were just pissed off I'd say let it go.

But shit happened to your teener and it's going to cost U. That's not right in anyones book.

Best of luck.
Joe Bob
If the cops don't release her name and number....you can get a trace on her plate and get a name. HOPEFULLY, she's not a Jane Smith or something....then you do a utility search and get an address.....then sue her slimy ass...

Funny thing, DMV will release to PIs names and DOB...but no addy....but if ya got a good name and DOB you can get a utility search ( gas/water/electric) and track em down...
Brando
Everyone, I greatly apprecieate your suggestions on this matter. I will call the RVPD Monday morning and get an update on their investigation, followed by a call to my insurance company. I'll take everyone's advice into consideration (especially Mike Z's and xitspd/Dan's).

Hopefully I won't have to persue things in depth enough to show up at this woman's work, home, etc.

I could do like scientologists... flyer her neighborhood saying she's a paedophile and advocate of a brothel in her home, or that she's harboring drug users... But that's a bit off the deep end. blink.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Sorry about your bad luck dude. Sounds like a Karma problem. Did you once abuse a horse in a previous lifetime?
Cheers, Elliot
ematulac
QUOTE (Brando @ Jul 9 2005, 09:04 PM)
I could do like scientologists... flyer her neighborhood saying she's a paedophile and advocate of a brothel in her home, or that she's harboring drug users... But that's a bit off the deep end. blink.gif

chairfall.gif

A bit off the deep end, yes. But it might make you feel better.

Sorry to hear about your 914. I hope things work out for you.
Dr Evil
From my experience, a lawyer wont take your case to trial for you. You can get advise, though. Your car is not worth enough to warrant a lawyers time. If you would have had injuries then you would be getting more results, quicker, and with more of a pay off, but I am very glad that you are not hurt.

Fucking people mad.gif
Mueller
California Small Claims Court

Up to $5000 and it cost you $22

I've done it before, I took a drunk driver to court that hit my car so that I could get my $500 deductible paid by him, took him a year to pay it off, but I got my money smash.gif
MattR
Bummer brandon. This kinda shit is just aggrevating.

Things will turn around though. If you need an extra pair of hands, you have my number!
redshift
QUOTE (Brando @ Jul 10 2005, 12:04 AM)
I'll take everyone's advice into consideration (especially Mike Z's and xitspd/Dan's).

mad.gif

Ok, fine! I said to 'stay on top of it'... PERFECTLY GREAT ADVICE!

Hey, I am not the one around here who's driving like a maniac... dry.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.