Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cold Compression test 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
two weeks ago I drained oil, cleaned the strainer screen and taco plate cover, add new oil and filter and did the valve adjustments.

Before I did the valve adjustments, the compression rates (cold) was 150, 148, 165 and 175.

So after valve adjustments still cold engine, all are around 150. Is it a good compression as cold engine and what should I expect when the engine is warm?

thank you!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

BeatNavy
IMO those are very good cold numbers.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jun 9 2020, 02:22 PM) *

IMO those are very good cold numbers.

Thank you Rob!
I Hope I can test run the engine this week and get the engine warm and measure again. Last time I tried to run it but my spare battery has no enough juice.

VaccaRabite
Excellent cold numbers.

They will go up when the engine is warm, but with cold numbers around 150 I'd not bother with it.

Zach
Tdskip
I think you’re good – exciting update, press on my friend, press on.
ndfrigi
Thank you Zach and Tom!
porschetub
Cold test tends to provide more variation ,warm test will put you up further and more even between cylinders.
Good luck.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 9 2020, 06:17 PM) *

Cold test tends to provide more variation ,warm test will put you up further and more even between cylinders.
Good luck.

Hi Dean, hoping to get the engine test run and have new compression numbers.
iankarr
150 is a really solid number...but it's also great that you have little variation between cylinders. Has your engine been rebuilt? How many miles?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.