Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help/Advice about E-bay Seller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Just bought a Magellan GPS System on ebay. It works great, and I'm glad I bought it. But, and it's a big but, it didn't come with the European Map as listed. Plus I wrote the guy and specifically asked about it coming with the European Maps. Here's a portion of the listing, what would you think?

"Free Preloaded Map USA & Europe".

Anyway, the European Map is loaded, just not accessable. According to Magellan, the code to unlock the map is $249.00 more.

I wrote the seller thru ebay about how he wants to handle this discrepancy, here's a copy.

Recieved the Magellan GPS, works great. There's just one thing I'm not satisfied with. Your auction stated that it came with European Map access. It doesn't, you can't access it until you pay $249 to Magellan to unlock the map. According to Magellan, all of the US GPS's come with the European Map preloaded. I specifically bought this from you and paid the Buy it Now plan because I was led to believe that the European Map access was part of the deal. I want the European Map access, and I'm close to thinking I was mislead by your listing and the answer I recieved to my email asking about the European Map program. I haven't left a feedback yet, I'd like this resolved prior to leaving a feedback. So what do we do now? I'll wait for a answer from you. Best Regards, Don

Anyway, I have'nt heard back from him yet and plan on giving him a few days to answer. Is there anything else I can do to get this taken care of?

Does ebay keep a copy of all messages between buyers and sellers? I just changed my service providers and the email between us concerning the European Map Access are addressed to my old email address, damn.

Thanks for any help in advance. Take Care, Don
qa1142
send second letter, tell him you will open dispute with ebay and paypal (if you used it) if he does not work with you on it.

FYI you have 30 days from payment to make a dispute, after that, no re-course.

I have never failed to at least end satisfied using this technique.

Good luck, don't wait too long
blink.gif
TimT
Yes dispute the sale,

take a screen shot of the orignal ebay add, such that you have proof of what was in theoriginal add.

Tell your credit card people to dispute the charges

carreraguy
agree.gif

I assume you used PayPal? You may have trouble getting PayPal involved if the Seller has fewer than 50 favorable feedbacks.; this was a problem I ran into.
mharrison
Definitely pursue this with Paypal.

I had a deadbeat seller. 2 broken phones in a row. He offered me a refund of about 1/3 of what I had in it. I went through Paypal and got a full refund.

Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.

You can probably contact your old provider and maintain e-mail access for like $3 a month or so.
dmenche914
Paypal uses credit cards, you do not have to pay a credit card debt if the goods were not recieved as promised. write the guy again, a certified letter with signed deliver confermation might be best, along with a second email.

Give him a little more time, but be sure to set him a deadline so he know by when he must act. something like five bussiness days or what ever. Tell him you want to return it, with him paying postage both ways becuase it is not as discribed. Do not tell hijm you will return it, just tell him you want to if he can't take care of the problem.

If no reply, or unsatisfactory reply, Then you have a good case with the credit card company to not charge you. tell the card company you will be happy to return it to him, if, and only if he pays for the return postage,a nd packaging, after all it was misreperesentied.

The card compnay should cancel your charge based onthat, and if he doesnot cough up the return postage, hey the thing is yours for free. Also file an ebay complaint right away, to cover you on that end.

i did a transaction with xxxx on an expensive 914 part. They said it was in stock and would ship right away. after two weeks, they told me it was backordered form Germany, and had know idea when it would arrive. I waited one more week, then found a supplier that was able to expidite the part from Germany for a small expite charge. I called xxxx and told them it was cancelled, they said ok canceled. week later it arrives from xxxx, then i recieve the otherone. I call xxxx and ask for an authorization to return it COD, or have them give me a UPS account number to use for payment, I even asked them to arrrange for a Fedex pick up at my house. they did not do this, and after about 8 -10 phone calls to xxxx, they refused to accept it back I told them i would not pay for it too!!. Called the credit company, they put a hold on the charge. i wrote them what happened, dates and persons I spoke with at xxxx. They did an investigation, and dropped the charge. now I have two parts, one spare, one mounted in the car. anyone need to replace a rusty passenger motor mount bracket (part welded to frame???)

strange but true, they wouldn't spring $15 for me to return a $300 part, now I own it?????

Read your credit card contract. you might be able to keep the thing without having to pay. Then take you money and buy the map code!!!

Of course the seller could havemade an honest mistake, adn be out of town now, that does happen. Just do not let your benifit of a doubt allow you to miss anydeadline s for making a claim. give him a chance, but do not lose sight of time limits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.