Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: relay board help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgrider25
Hi all,

This is my first attempt to post anything, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I've inherited a 1973. 2.0L from my dad. He was the mechanic, and I am not. I've been attempting to assemble the engine and get the car running.

The question for today is: My dad converted the engine to dual carbs. Here's a picture of the relay board. I know some of the relays go to the fuel injection system, which I no longer have. Which relays do I need to install to get the engine to run.

Thanks for the help,
Chris g
Click to view attachment
JamesM
The middle two of the four, one is the main relay and the other is the fuel pump relay. you will also need the fuses installed.
barefoot
Wiring for barbed furl pump:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=fuel++carb
bobboinski
welcome.png
Cairo94507
welcome.png Welcome. You inherited a great model year. Post up some pictures of the overall car and engine. Lots of very skilled, knowledgable people here that will help. I am sure you dad is or would be happy that you are going to get his car running again. beerchug.gif
cgrider25
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 10 2020, 12:21 AM) *

The middle two of the four, one is the main relay and the other is the fuel pump relay. you will also need the fuses installed.

Do you know where I can buy the relays?

Chris

914_7T3
Here is a wiring diagram from a '73 relay board. I have some extra relays that you can have, but just need to test them first.

Where are you located in LA?

Click to view attachment
cgrider25
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 10 2020, 07:39 PM) *

Here is a wiring diagram from a '73 relay board. I have some extra relays that you can have, but just need to test them first.

Click to view attachment

I'm in Santa Clarita, and I work in Pasadena.

Thanks
Chris

914_7T3
QUOTE(cgrider25 @ Jun 11 2020, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 10 2020, 07:39 PM) *

I'm in Santa Clarita, and I work in Pasadena.

Thanks
Chris

I'm in Sherman Oaks, send me a PM and we'll get you squared away!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.