Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil cooler seal replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I noted the pelican article regarding this....i think that my oil cooler is leaking....

it takes several seconds for the oil to start leaking, but once it does its a fast drip, hence my 2 QT lossage.

Joe I'm on your engine like a hungry man on steak...or me on all the hot girls THAT ARENT RELATED TO ME wink.gif

anyway, question is.....can i get these seals from (gasp) my FLAPS?

I remember somebody mentioning a O-ring kit that flaps has and that it might have the seal.
Allan
Do you know for sure it's the oil cooler seals? Did you try and clean and reseat your oil filter? Did you make sure the oil pressure sender didn't come out?

Easy stuff first...

I would try and get up in there and see if maybe an oil galley plug came out as well.

As far as the seals, I know they come in a complete kit but would imagine they can be found individually at any of the regular suppliers, i.e., Pelican, GPR, etc.
bd1308
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 9 2005, 05:27 PM)
Do you know for sure it's the oil cooler seals? Did you try and clean and reseat your oil filter? Did you make sure the oil pressure sender didn't come out?

Easy stuff first...

I would try and get up in there and see if maybe an oil galley plug came out as well.

As far as the seals, I know they come in a complete kit but would imagine they can be found individually at any of the regular suppliers, i.e., Pelican, GPR, etc.

pressure sender is in, cause the light doesnt stay on.....

galley plug though. I remember these things. Do they fall out or just become unseated?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.