Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
twin-grille-roadster
Working on a friends '74 with the 1.8 engine.. We have no fuel from the injectors. it was running, shut down, then would not restart. I checked the ignition system and it is working properly. I have 38 pounds of fuel pressure. Found no fuel coming out of the injectors. I check the voltage at the injector and got 4 to 5 volts with the key in the run position but not cranking over.. The grounds seem to be tight and clean, and all of the injection components are plugged in properly. I assume the voltage should 12 volts but can find little in the way of specs. I did try another electronic control unit and it did not make any difference. Any thought or direction would be very much appreciated. By the way, it has four new injectors in it.
Frankvw
did it not run a longer time ? maybe the injectors are stuck/frozen. All 4 at the same time ? it could happen....(did you replace fuellines and maybe switched the in/out line?? probably not since you have fuel pressure...)
JeffBowlsby
All wires connected to the resistors in the resistor pack? They are known to break off.
StarBear
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 11 2020, 06:58 PM) *

All wires connected to the resistors in the resistor pack? They are known to break off.

Yep, that happened to me once - one line broke. Resoldered and started/ran just fine!
twin-grille-roadster
Thanks for the responses. I was not aware that the 1.8's had a resistor pack. Where is it located?
Porschef
Under the battery tray, next to the dual relay

beerchug.gif
twin-grille-roadster
You guys are the greatest. It turned out to be a bad connection at the resistor pack. Thank you.
StarBear
QUOTE(twin-grille-roadster @ Jun 13 2020, 12:10 PM) *

You guys are the greatest. It turned out to be a bad connection at the resistor pack. Thank you.

AWESOME! Glad you found it. This forum is the best!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
check the white were plugged into the neg side of the coil, make sure that you read 50 degrees dwell on the points, make sure the ballast resister block is plugged in and that the ground leads at the back of the block are. tight then check the air flow meter to make sure that it is tightly connected to the intake boot and that the flap is flapping when turning over the engine

QUOTE(twin-grille-roadster @ Jun 11 2020, 01:56 PM) *

Working on a friends '74 with the 1.8 engine.. We have no fuel from the injectors. it was running, shut down, then would not restart. I checked the ignition system and it is working properly. I have 38 pounds of fuel pressure. Found no fuel coming out of the injectors. I check the voltage at the injector and got 4 to 5 volts with the key in the run position but not cranking over.. The grounds seem to be tight and clean, and all of the injection components are plugged in properly. I assume the voltage should 12 volts but can find little in the way of specs. I did try another electronic control unit and it did not make any difference. Any thought or direction would be very much appreciated. By the way, it has four new injectors in it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.