Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New master cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
Is it possible to change the 914 Rubber 19mm master cylinder with the easy install set up, back to using the original rubber plugs? I don’t care for the easy install setup. The ports on this new unit are deeper than the old one, not sure if this matters or not.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mikey914
No they are machined differently.
Happy to trade out if you haven't mounted yet.
Morph914
Thank you for the offer, I’ll go ahead with this one. I’m just not in love with the way a flexible hose is inserted into another flexible hose and clamped. It must work or else you would not be selling with this option.

Cheers,
John
pilothyer
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Jun 11 2020, 08:53 PM) *

Thank you for the offer, I’ll go ahead with this one. I’m just not in love with the way a flexible hose is inserted into another flexible hose and clamped. It must work or else you would not be selling with this option.

Cheers,
John
It should work very well, there is no pressure involved with the flow of brake fluid from the reservoir to the master cylinder as it is gravity fed. If you plan on using a pressure bleeder you just want to make sure to use clamps everywhere braided hose attach to the plastic lines.
914e
Isn't Porsche the one that came up with rubber hose clamped to a plastic tube?
tvdinnerbythepool
I installed this version and have had no issues whatsoever! beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(tvdinnerbythepool @ Jun 12 2020, 12:04 AM) *

I installed this version and have had no issues whatsoever! beerchug.gif

agree.gif

it is difficult either way laying on your back trying to get those in place . I struggled and fought with it but eventually succeeded. it would be easier to have the tank out. One thing is make sure the reservoir is not strapped down tight so you can slide those lines up and down. This is the second time I did a MC, the first was 10 years ago and again now this spring after it blew out and leaked all over inside the car, I hope I don't have to do it again!! but I can say once bled out and in place , tis like new, no leaks etc. Good luck!

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.