Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 holes in passenger floor board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
My car has two holes in the front of the passenger floorboard. They look like they were punched by the factory, not drilled buy a previous owner.

Does anyone know what they are for? Is there a fastener that should go through there and attach something?

My car was an ac car. Could these have been required for the AC hook up?

Just 2 holes to make someone like me wonder why they are there??? laugh.gif

Anyone know what these holes were for?

Thanks
ClayPerrine
Condensation drain hoses from the evaporator unit. Put some rubber plugs in them if you are not reinstalling the AC.
redshift
Rainwater bypass valves... they look like they are stuck open.

M
Joe Bob
THAT's yer only problem?????

ohmy.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 9 2005, 09:14 PM)

ohmy.gif

yeah... some people have it ROUGH! rolleyes.gif

wink.gif
bd1308
my car spews oil and your rainwater valves are stuck open?
dmenche914
Usually the holes in the 914 floor boards are big enough to let Fred flintstone power the car when ifin you run outa gas.

You sure have a nice paint job on that floor, looks swell.

I have a non-AC car, and i do not have these holes in the floor, so the condensatin drain holes for AC might be it.

Was the AC factory, or dealer installed when teh 914's were sold????

I know VW bugs could have AC, but as I recall, at least the ones in the 1960's all were dealer installed (or aftermarket) so was the 914 ever supplied with factory AC or was it dealership installed?????

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jul 9 2005, 06:42 PM)
Usually the holes in the 914 floor boards are big enough to let Fred flintstone power the car when ifin you run outa gas.

You sure have a nice paint job on that floor, looks swell.

I have a non-AC car, and i do not have these holes in the floor, so the condensatin drain holes for AC might be it.

Was the AC factory, or dealer installed when teh 914's were sold????

I know VW bugs could have AC, but as I recall, at least the ones in the 1960's all were dealer installed (or aftermarket) so was the 914 ever supplied with factory AC or was it dealership installed?????

The AC systems were all dealer installed. The only factory AC was to remove the top and drive fast driving.gif wink.gif beer.gif
dmenche914
Thanks, that is kind of what I thought. dealer could have put the holes anywhere I guess, holes or not, that is a great looking floor pan. was this car preserved in a nitrogen tent since new? else only driven in sunny weather, and garaged when raining???

nice, nice, nice also orange is my favorite 914 color, so bonus points for that!!!!
Doug Leggins
Condensation drain hoses from the evaporator unit. Put some rubber plugs in them if you are not reinstalling the AC.

Sounds correct to me. What didn't make sense was that much of the ac install work looked like a hack job. These holes were done well enough that they look like they could have been factory punched. I'll plug them and move on.

I wish that this was my only problem!!! I'll be posting more!

holes or not, that is a great looking floor pan. was this car preserved in a nitrogen tent since new? else only driven in sunny weather, and garaged when raining???

This one was an original AZ car. I think sold from Bob Lewis Porsche Audi. Was taken to KY in the mid eighties. Then into Canada around 88/89. PO blew the engine in 89 and then completely disassembled the car for restoration. The car was kept in basements and garages from 1989. I bought it a few years back and started the rebuild a little less than 2 years ago. I'm having lots of fun with this one!!!

Rainwater bypass valves

That may have been a good option on these cars laugh.gif
cdmcse
Doug,

I think those are factory holes. They were present in my '72 also, and it has no sign that it ever had AC. Those holes were filled with little rubber plugs on my car that looked like they were probably original.

Hope this helps!
michelko
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Jul 9 2005, 08:17 PM)
Doug,

I think those are factory holes. They were present in my '72 also, and it has no sign that it ever had AC. Those holes were filled with little rubber plugs on my car that looked like they were probably original.

Hope this helps!

same on mine. ยด70 car same holes no AC
bd1308
oh my gosh, I can believe you guys....you don't remember the comfort option package....

one of the optional accessories was a bolt-in real hot sweedish girl that would massage your back while you went to work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.