Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting 1974 Porsche 914 in SoCal (mine)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tdskip
My car - listing is here. I've shared some details and asked questions about the car here.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/o...7140719254.html

Background:

Hello. Up for sale is an interesting 1974 Porsche 914. The car runs and drives, electrical system works and shifts well into all 5 gears and reverse. As you can see from the pictures it is current set up as a race car but could easily be used on the road.

The car has a clean AZ title and I have a copy of the clean CA title from the prior owner (who bought it, put it in storage and registered it in AZ because it was cheaper but only owned it for several months). From what I have pieced together from the documentation this was an inland San Diego car and later on Orange County car that was stored when not being raced in Santa Ana. The car sat for several years after the original owners passing away, I did an oil change, and serviced the carbs, got fresh fuel in her and the engine fired right up. She has good cold oil pressure and sounds healthy.

The car was apparently used for time attack and auto crossing events. Original engine has been removed, running a 2 L unmarked case, it is currently running a blank case 2 L engine. There is a very trick electric fan oil cooler and it has the deeper tuna can sump set up. I believe the car had a 1.8l engine originally.

Body wise she is a very-very solid car. The longs are good, front and rear trunk are rust free, floors are original and undercoating has been removed so you can see factory metal. Battery tray present and in good condition. Looks like the passenger side rear jack point has been replaced. At some point the car had a front end tap. It is hard to see in the pictures but there is some wayness to the inner front fenders. It drives straight and nothing weird going on with the alignment to compensate, and it was used for competition events so I don’t believe there’s any reason it cannot be used as-is for street or track use.

As you may have noticed the current body work is a vintage fiberglass wide body kit. Wide as in “holy cow that is wide!” body kit. The car comes with 8 vintage extremely light rims and bias ply slicks and wheel spacers. The tires are OK to roll the car around but don’t hold air very well.

The car has a through the body front sway bar and at some point was running a rear bar. From the documentation I pieced together the front torsion bars are now 22mm hollow torsion bars, has uprated shocks as well.

The car has an interesting braking set up that is consistent with competition set up. It has normal 914 brake calipers upfront, an in the cockpit front/rear brake proportioning valve, and what looked to be 914 front brakes on the rear for additional stopping power. 5 lug front and rear set up with studs on what I believe are 914 rotors.

Electrical system is intact and I believe everything works. Headlights go up and down as they should. Rear lights turn on properly.

Comes with what looked to be barely used Simpson driver and passenger racing harness. Car will come with a pair of 914 seats in driver condition.

Odometer shows under 11,000 miles (no idea if original), dashboard looks awfully good as does the rest of the dash. Targa top fits properly, in OK but not pristine condition.

Currently the car is running a dual carb set up with Dellortto carburetors with a crossbar linkage and fuel pressure regulator and fuel accumulator.

The car has a sideshifter which feels good, shifts properly and has all five gears and reverse.

This is a great candidate to turn into a serious track/race car, use for autocrossing or could be returned to street use very easily. I can help source replacement OEM fenders if someone wants to go back to street use.

Only selling to help fund other Porsche projects.
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
914werke
Looks to be well priced, Im sure itll go fast!
pete000
Wish I had more space, looks like a great deal for a fun car project that drives already !
Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen, she is a hoot. Lots of ways to go on this one.

I really do wish I had the space to keep her but I need to finish my 3.2 build or you all will toss me off the forum. Grin.
Tdskip
Well I am happy to say that it looks like this is sold to a fellow 914 World forum member.

Just had a great chat with the soon to be new owner, I think it’s going to a good home.
Marsport
Did this sell? I notice your ad is still up on craigs list. I am interested and local if it is still available.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Marsport @ Jun 30 2020, 07:26 PM) *

Did this sell? I notice your ad is still up on craigs list. I am interested and local if it is still available.

Hi - supposed to wrap up later this week. Buyer has been very good to work with.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.