Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using Lucas Oil 10278 Engine Oil Stop Leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macnichol
Before dropping the engine and replacing gaskets, would it be fine to try using Lucas Oil 10278 Engine Oil Stop Leak to attempt to fix an engine oil leak? I'm very new to 914 ownership and it's my first project car that I'm working on. My car is a 1970 1.7. sunglasses.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(macnichol @ Jun 13 2020, 11:28 AM) *

Before dropping the engine and replacing gaskets, would it be fine to try using Lucas Oil 10278 Engine Oil Stop Leak to attempt to fix an engine oil leak? I'm very new to 914 ownership and it's my first project car that I'm working on. My car is a 1970 1.7. sunglasses.gif

No...……find the cause and fix it,cheers.
bandjoey
Most leaks are easy repairs with the motor in the car. Spray off the bottom of the motor and find the leak. Then we’ll tell you how to fix it. Good luck.
IronHillRestorations
I wouldn't put that in a 914 engine, but that's just my .02. Find the leak and fix it properly. Like Joey said, clean off the engine really good and see if you can isolate the leak. You can and UV dye and shine a UV light on it to help locate the source of the leak (real CSI stuff)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.