Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 9 2005, 06:10 PM)
Shit, you drive worse!

lol

M

Not nice to talk about yer Mom.....
tat2dphreak
I've seen worse...

yea, there's the picture of the bicycle trail with the 914 "gate" and a cyclist going through it... other than that... doesn't get much worse...

sad though... 356s are a sweet, classy ride.. .

saw one yesterday at Pei wei drooley.gif Red w/ white stripes
dmenche914
I know of a rusty 914 up in the hills near skyline blvd on the San Fransico Pennisnsula. Isn't the one that has been pictured with the mountian bike going thru it, it is a different one.

been years, since i was last out there, ought to be a good iron soil additive by now. funning thing is that it must have been carried out there in the woods, no road, just a path that a 4wd truck would find challenging, much less a low hanging sports car, but there it was, honest to gawd, stuck out in the middle of nowhere. I think it was a prototype!!!!
xsboost90
maybe it was #4!

i saw a 356 on ebay once that was literally just enough left that you could kinda tell it was car at one time. Said they took it off the frame to build a kit car 30yrs ago and it had been in the woods behind the house. I believe it read " if you buy this car your an idiot" or something.
dmenche914
By the way, that looks like an early 356, with low headlights. The brakes should be worth somthing, event eh drums are expensive and rare, the cylinders can be re-sleaved. The wehhle scan be celaned up and cromed/painted, seats rebuilt. The tranny might still be good, and it might have an engine, which is proably only good for parts now from weathering, vermin.

Uhm, a 40-50 year old porsche like that is worth something at least for parts, wonder what a 914 in that condiotn will be worth in another 20 years????

I have a 356 C, in restoration prograss (slow) they is fun cars too, really ride and handle nice even up against more modern cars. Them old Porsche's are sure good.
GWN7
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jul 9 2005, 07:40 PM)
maybe it was #4!

i saw a 356 on ebay once that was literally just enough left that you could kinda tell it was car at one time. Said they took it off the frame to build a kit car 30yrs ago and it had been in the woods behind the house. I believe it read " if you buy this car your an idiot" or something.

I think I remember that one...didn't it still sell for 10K?
hargray2
"My Buddy" .......

OK, How much did you pay for it? lol2.gif
Mark Henry
My "buddy's" name is Jim Rodgers...bug guy, no one knows him here.

Yes it is my trailer.

He emailed me the pic's this is what he said:

We got the windsheild all the way home then smashed it. (a little smokey around the edge) The left tail light (the good one ) fell out on the highway.   The engine is all there ,dual carbs, gauges look good, brake drums don`t look to bad. Leather seats not too bad. It is a sunroof . Lots of good inside chrome handles, etc.     Jim
bd1308
always wanted to get into a 356 conversion....but like my 914 I'd be screwed. I'ma gonna just keep quiet until i can drive the ol' 95 Jag or the 97 rover for a bit. Then i'm gonna go apeshit on the 914..... welder.gif spank.gif
ArtechnikA
looks like he's trying to flip it already....
356 In Canada on TheSamba
it's getting a bit of discussion on the 356 list...
Mark Henry
Yep thats it...Wow 3 grand for that stromberg.gif pile.

I know there's some good parts on it but wacko.gif
scotty b
Now up fur sale a 59 Porsche roadster, a RARE gem needing a little TLC for only$7500.00
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jul 10 2005, 04:52 AM)
My "buddy's" name is Jim Rodgers...bug guy, no one knows him here.

Yes it is my trailer.

He emailed me the pic's this is what he said:

We got the windsheild all the way home then smashed it. (a little smokey around the edge) The left tail light (the good one ) fell out on the highway.   The engine is all there ,dual carbs, gauges look good, brake drums don`t look to bad. Leather seats not too bad. It is a sunroof . Lots of good inside chrome handles, etc.     Jim

Unless the parts are restored or spotless you won't get much for them....
Mark Henry
You wouldn't believe what he got for it ohmy.gif

Over 100 calls in 48hrs...he had to take down the ad...

It's going to Texas wacko.gif
Joe Bob
Well call me surprised...what he get?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.