Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Miss On Reproduction Horn Contact Ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I cannot recommend this product as a replacement for the stock horn contact ring. 1st up the quality is not the same. Brass holder ring is only half the thickness of the original. The base where the wire comes through is thicker and slightly offset, making the 3 holes for the screws off center. If you file around the base as showing the the pictures you can make it work. Biggest problem is the wire length difference, it is only 13 cm long and the original one is 18.5 cm. When you put the wire through hole you are too short to reach horn pad spade.

Good news is I didn't over pay for this, so I thought I would pass information on.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you can use the factory 924 early 944 piece it works
Ansbacher
Sounds like the same quality as their distributors- absolute junk. But they do have good mufflers.

Ansbacher
914e
I have not found any reproduction horn contact ring for Porsche or VW that wasn't junk . Even on our bug I ended up buying one from a Porsche dealer.

What is wrong with your old one? The ring looks in good shape, every one of mine had worn through.
914Sixer
Nothing wrong with the stock piece, only using it for reference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.