Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R&R Window Regulators ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I've removed the window regulators (late) from a set of doors that I'm readying for paint.. but the regulators could use some sprucing up too. I wiped them down good with a phospho solution... I do have some eastwood brand black rust incapsulating paint - would you guys use that on them? ..maybe just be careful not to get it on the scissor areas (moving parts)?

Or, maybe I should skip that and just oil the actuator bodies up with something?

Also, while on the subject of oil - will squirting some oil into the areas where metal crosses during use, quiet them down and limber them up? These are a little crusty and dry feeling, damn squeeky/noisy too. I have industrial sewing machine oil handy, and motor oil - thought I'd use one of those.

Then there's the little round (nylon?) roller [remember these are late style - w/ 1 largish roller on each]... mine are pretty loose feeling. Any way of correcting this? Thanks.

mb911
I was crazy and actually had mine plated. Click to view attachment
Literati914
smilie_pokal.gif .. dang!

I might consider something like that down the road, but for now I'm just trying to get the car on the road and already have a million projects to attend to (and spend cash on).

gandalf_025
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 14 2020, 08:02 AM) *

Did you use the ultra expensive guy that shows up here occasionally
and tells us how much he cares about his customers..??
Mikey914
While your there replace these

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/w...ype-regulator-1
Literati914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 14 2020, 12:11 PM) *

@Mikey914
Is that item the same as the off-white ones in the following pic? ..4 needed, right? And how in the world do they swap out?
IPB Image
mb911
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jun 14 2020, 09:10 AM) *

Nope.. Cost me about $30 for everything pictured
Steve
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 15 2020, 04:12 AM) *

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jun 14 2020, 09:10 AM) *

Nope.. Cost me about $30 for everything pictured

Nice!! I wish I would of done that. I let mine soak in rust remover. After a couple of days they looked great, but within a day, they were almost as rusted as before.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Clean and then use a light lubricant that turns to a light grease on the gear and lithium on the rollers

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jun 13 2020, 11:02 PM) *

I've removed the window regulators (late) from a set of doors that I'm readying for paint.. but the regulators could use some sprucing up too. I wiped them down good with a phospho solution... I do have some eastwood brand black rust incapsulating paint - would you guys use that on them? ..maybe just be careful not to get it on the scissor areas (moving parts)?

Or, maybe I should skip that and just oil the actuator bodies up with something?

Also, while on the subject of oil - will squirting some oil into the areas where metal crosses during use, quiet them down and limber them up? These are a little crusty and dry feeling, damn squeeky/noisy too. I have industrial sewing machine oil handy, and motor oil - thought I'd use one of those.

Then there's the little round (nylon?) roller [remember these are late style - w/ 1 largish roller on each]... mine are pretty loose feeling. Any way of correcting this? Thanks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.