Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, but mid engined
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Drive up to the local a/x with this. Street legal!
FF
GWN7
Street Legal?....Mabey Streets of Willow legal. I'd get 1/2 a block from my house and the light bar would go off behind me. wink.gif biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
It would be fun to commute to work in that. Sure would cut a bunch of time off my commute biggrin.gif

But where do I put my laptop bag? confused24.gif

dmenche914
headlights?, fenders?, Wipers? i think the police would have something to say about that.

How did it become legal, I thought the above equipement is required (maybe I am wrong????)

sure is a sweet ride however.
redshift
laugh.gif no way

OH MY GOD! IT'S A '73! That's the only way..

M
rhodyguy
fenders aren't a big thing in wa i guess. you see fenderless street rods all the time. i can't see where the headlights would come up from. minimum bumper height? how do you explain that one to the insurance co? "well... it's a street legal race car" unsure.gif . legal or not. you would get pulled over everytime you went near a cop. the headlights must pop up 2 feet. we do have a minimum height on those.

k
bd1308
Howard, no ebay...how many times do i have to tell you...BAD BOY.
Rand
Park Place Motors is about 20 minutes from me. I love to go there. Guess I better go look at it just for fun.
jonwatts
Here it's street legal laugh.gif

user posted image
Howard
QUOTE (Rand @ Jul 9 2005, 10:08 PM)
Park Place Motors is about 20 minutes from me. I love to go there. Guess I better go look at it just for fun.

OK, but please don't tell me if it's really neat. Fenders? We don't need no...
boxstr
Here is another one "street legal", and he brought his wife along in the seat next to him.
morph
when i lived in wa. the state patrol allways stopped me for bumper violations.(i only had nerf bars on my lowerd 60 beetle) wa state requires you to have a full bumper front & rear.somebody in olympia got paid off for that thing to become street legal unsure.gif
james
Howard
I'm not sure of the details, but believe CA has a 'cycle car' category that covers this. We have lots of Chaterhams and Cobra replicas with no front protection. Haven't seen many without at least cycle front fenders, though.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Jul 10 2005, 10:29 AM)
I'm not sure of the details, but believe CA has a 'cycle car' category that covers this. We have lots of Chaterhams and Cobra replicas with no front protection. Haven't seen many without at least cycle front fenders, though.

was gonna mention caterhams/lotus's 7's.....

no worse then a motorcycle wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.