Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: nice seat bottom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
Got one!

---------------------------------

The seats in my "new" '73 are in very nice shape, except for the driver's side seat bottom, which has a big hole in it. Does anyone have a very nice seat bottom (black vinyl) for sale? If so, please let me know.

Thanks!
stevegm
QUOTE(BillC @ Jun 15 2020, 08:14 AM) *

The seats in my "new" '73 are in very nice shape, except for the driver's side seat bottom, which has a big hole in it. Does anyone have a very nice seat bottom (black vinyl) for sale? If so, please let me know.

Thanks!

I’ve got a few. PM me and I’ll send you pictures.
BillC
Bump. Still looking.
914werke
I have several, can you post a pic of yours to ensure its the right pattern?
BillC
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 18 2020, 07:18 PM) *

I have several, can you post a pic of yours to ensure its the right pattern?

Here's what I have:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914werke
Nope. sorry all were late brick-weave sad.gif
scallyk9
Uh...that looks like brickmold, brickweave, whatever, like in my '74. I could use one too.
racingredsc
pm sent
BillC
Bump. Still looking.
racingredsc
Here's what I have. It's been in storage for many years and is dusty but no tears. I don't know what it's worth.Click to view attachment
racingredsc
bottom side
BillC
Bump. Still looking for one at a reasonable price.
Mikey914
You may be able to get a recovered one inexpensively, but the vinyl is not the same as what's being made commercially. If you want that pattern in good shape, anyone who knows what they have will want a few bucks. Not sure what reasonable equates to for your budget but ya might want to throw a budget out there. See if the market will come to you.
BillC
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 8 2020, 11:12 AM) *

You may be able to get a recovered one inexpensively, but the vinyl is not the same as what's being made commercially. If you want that pattern in good shape, anyone who knows what they have will want a few bucks. Not sure what reasonable equates to for your budget but ya might want to throw a budget out there. See if the market will come to you.

@Mikey914

Since AA lists them on their website for $82.50, I was thinking that that would probably the high-end of the market. I've spent waaaaay more than planned on this car so far (a lot of it with your company), so I was hoping to get a nice seat bottom for less than AA wants. But, if this expectation is out of line, please let me know.
Mikey914
I could sell you a seat base for $38. What I'm getting at is the correct early grain seat material is not commercially available.
AA and everyone else is using the commercially available material.

We do a reproduction of that material, and it's close. but not exactly like the OEM so yu may notice it's not exactly the same as the original

This is what is inexpensive and available -
Mikey914
Here's the pattern that's correct. We are burning up our reject on key chains and will be doing another run shortly for seats and door panels in black. I have in tan.
theer
Just found this today- totally forgot I had it! It’s from an early car- no seat belt sensor wires.

No tears, but there is one slight imperfection near the first horizontal seam (see close up photo).

Also, the bottom clip is there, but feels a bit loose.

How about $35 plus shipping?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.