Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After Market Blinker switch experience?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
My horn was going on and off on its own, so I bought a blinker switch to fix the problem.
I bought a blinker switch from Sierra Madre and one from Jbuggs. Both came in the same white box. Both fixed the horn problem and everything else works, but when you turn a corner, the blinker does not cancel on its own. Same steering wheel and horn ring which worked fine on the previous switch.
I also noticed the cancel do hickey, does not stick out as far as the original one.

Any recommendations for one that does cancel on its own?
huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
important that when you connect the turn signal switch to the wiper switch that both insert into the column very easily with no pressure and that the screws go all of th eway in not pulling the assembly down. If they are used to pull the assembly in then the switch will bind and the stalk not return

QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 15 2020, 06:39 AM) *

My horn was going on and off on its own, so I bought a blinker switch to fix the problem.
I bought a blinker switch from Sierra Madre and one from Jbuggs. Both came in the same white box. Both fixed the horn problem and everything else works, but when you turn a corner, the blinker does not cancel on its own. Same steering wheel and horn ring which worked fine on the previous switch.
I also noticed the cancel do hickey, does not stick out as far as the original one.

Any recommendations for one that does cancel on its own?
huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

Steve
Thanks Doc!! Next time I pull the wheel, I will check it out again.
ClayPerrine
The last aftermarket switch I bought canceled just fine. But it would let out a loud SCREECH when turning the steering wheel.

I was ORDERED to put the old one back by the owner. driving-girl.gif betty914.jpg
TheCabinetmaker
Lmao, Clay!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.