Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help on 76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tz Toy
New member, first post.

I inherited a 76, 914. Car hasn’t been driven much over the last 15+ years. Freshening things up (tune, fix oil leaks, replace fluids, fix a few electrical issues…). A coworker said I should replace the fuel lines through the tunnel with stainless. I’ve watched a couple videos of it done on a 74, but the layout looks different. The fuel filter and pump are under the fuel tank on mine. The plastic fuel lines look original. Has my car been modified or is this how the 76 comes?
Any help with a vacuum line schematic would also be much appreciated.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tz Toy @ Jun 15 2020, 12:54 PM) *

New member, first post.

I inherited a 76, 914. Car hasn’t been driven much over the last 15+ years. Freshening things up (tune, fix oil leaks, replace fluids, fix a few electrical issues…). A coworker said I should replace the fuel lines through the tunnel with stainless. I’ve watched a couple videos of it done on a 74, but the layout looks different. The fuel filter and pump are under the fuel tank on mine. The plastic fuel lines look original. Has my car been modified or is this how the 76 comes?

'75/'76 had the fuel pump relocated under the tank, earlier cars had it in the rear under the engine shelf.

The stainless steel fuel lines are the same for all years though and should work just fine with your car.
bye1.gif

PS: welcome.png
fiacra
welcome.png

There is good information on Jeff Bowlsby's web site. Not just vacuum hose diagrams, but a whole wealth of information and diagrams.

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
JeffBowlsby
These will get you started. You should also have an EGR valve/vacuum line and your carbon canister is closer to the battery, but the plumbing should be the same.
76-914
Contact Robert aka @Rotary914 on this site. He makes the SS lines for us West Coast folks. He also has a video on how to install them. beerchug.gif
Tz Toy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 15 2020, 01:55 PM) *

New member, first post.

'75/'76 had the fuel pump relocated under the tank, earlier cars had it in the rear under the engine shelf.

The stainless steel fuel lines are the same for all years though and should work just fine with your car.
bye1.gif

PS: welcome.png

Much appreciate the info. Do you know of a kit or set of lines that run from the tunnel SS lines to the eng SS lines? Or do I just run rubber fuel line?
Tz Toy
QUOTE(fiacra @ Jun 15 2020, 02:03 PM) *

welcome.png

There is good information on Jeff Bowlsby's web site. Not just vacuum hose diagrams, but a whole wealth of information and diagrams.

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

Thanks. Love the parts books
rhodyguy
Rotary'914 in the 'Member Vendor' subforum for line needs. Fuel pump and filter are located behind the cover on the trunk side of the front firewall/bulkhead.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the lines are well protected and I would not go to the hassle to replace unless there has been welding done or the rear lines are broken.

New member, first post.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.