Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear spring rate of 52# per inch = what exactly?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
My hunch is that someone where has this memorized already - but 52 pounds per inch equates to 160 rear springs? They are blue.

BTW - going by the prior owners notes but he was an engineer so inclined to think they are correct.

Thanks!
PlaysWithCars
Um... a very saggy rear end. 160 rear springs refers to 160 lbs per inch. 52 is way lighter than anything that came from the factory. Suspect their either the wrong spring, the way they were measured was wrong or someone is remembering the wrong information.

Could it be that he measured them at 152 lbs/in and only reported the "52"?
Mikey914
Well our research has shown that they were actually tested out at between 52 (I suspect this was one of the older more worn ones) and 68 lb springs from the factory.

We determined that the optimum spring would be 100. Kind of like they de-tuned them right from the factory. It offers a good street ride. The 140 progressive 160 is good if you want something that is more track oriented but still street able.

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/1...rear-spring-set
Tdskip
Thanks - I also (embarrassingly) found a prior thread that I started with some related info.

I can't compress these by pushing down on them beyond a small initial movement, and not enough to get them on the rear springs, so agree they are more like;y 152 than 52.

I appreciate the responses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.