Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bar Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOEPROPER
Where can I purchase 19mm front sway bar bushings? Is there a part # that I can search? Thanks. Joe-
6s7s&9s
New to 914s but I'd imagine a sway bar bushing is a sway bar bushing, I've had success with products from energy suspension
https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/9.5156
rhodyguy
Those bushings have no application on a stock thru body 914 front swaybar. None. I would enquire about the appropriate 19mm bar bushings at Paragon.
brant
I agree with Kevin

most likely you have a weltmeister bar and need weltmeister bushings

but lots of other brands out there too
H and H
etc,
mepstein
Wasn't 19m used on the Porsche 911 Turbo? If so, it should be available from any Porsche supplier.
JOEPROPER
Paragon is out of stock. @Mepstein What year?
mepstein
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jun 16 2020, 11:54 AM) *

The early turbos used a through the body swaybar. ‘76 was the first year in the US. I don’t know how long that continued.
914Sixer
19mm was used on the 911's. Why not take a stock 914 bushing, put it in the bushing holder and drill it out to 19 mm (3/4")? IS 19 stamped on the the bar? Factory bars have numbers on one end.
bdstone914
@JOEPROPER
date='Jun 16 2020, 08:54 AM' post='2825577']
[/quote]

Is this a thru body stock type sway bar? If it is a Welt Meister type bar they used a Delrin cylinder type bushing,
PET shows an 18mm bar on turbo cars.
901 343 792 04.
Call your local Porsche dealer. Retail is about $19 each. Pelican lists them at $17.75
Literati914
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 16 2020, 10:35 AM) *

..but lots of other brands out there too
H and H
etc,

I have an H&H 19mm bar that I'll eventually need to source a bushing for, so please let us know what you find out.

mepstein
I have both an H&H - 19mm and a 911 Turbo - 18mm. I had assumed they were the same but I just measured them and found the 1 mm difference. I plan on using the h&h so I’ll be in the market for bushings as well.
JOEPROPER
I'm going to try the 901 343 792 04 (thanks Bruce) from my Porsche dealer. I'll drill them out to 19mm as suggested above (thanks Mark) and give it a try. I'll report back when done.
JOEPROPER
901 343 792 04 Ordered these from Pelican Parts. Total with shipping is $49.85 Porsche dealer said that they needed to get them from Germany and the only dealer in the country was in Oregon. So now I'm waiting for them to show up at my door.
Mikey914
We will eventually be dong the 19mm bars, that would include the bushings, just will be a few months before I can get the production on these done.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.